BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just purchased a few months old 530d GT I thought i would join the site and learn about my new purchase.....I did notice a lot of negative comments from some motoring journalists. My first impressions of the car are brilliant...reading the revues i wondered if I was missing something.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
May I echo daders comment and heartily welcome you.

Don't heed the critics as they do not understand "design intent" and generally are superficially driven by looks alone. They miss the the very aspects of the GT that we forum members appreciate so much and that you obviously saw in deciding to buy yours.

I must advise you though that our resident skeptic,Ernest, won't believe your claim of purchase until you post a few pictures for validation purposes. The rest of us want them as well so we can admire the latest addition to our "family".

·
Registered
324 Posts
Having just purchased a few months old 530d GT I thought i would join the site and learn about my new purchase.....I did notice a lot of negative comments from some motoring journalists. My first impressions of the car are brilliant...reading the revues i wondered if I was missing something.
Congrats...but

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Congrats...but

King, in the post before yours he indicated that he hadn't picked it up yet and would have to stop smiling before being able to take any pics which is perfectly understandable. We have all " been there", some more than once. (My friend picks up my former GT this afternoon but I am not certain of he will join our forum, though he is aware of it and the "price of entry").

Interesting that three of us suggested/requested pics so that @Ernest doesn't even have to weigh in. I guess that kind of pull comes from (almost) never having to wear socks.

I also suspect @jad will, of course, welcome the new member but may again lament the non-availability of diesel GTs here in North America.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.