BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know that this is nothing dramatic to anyone else, perhaps, but it is pretty exciting for me.

Here are some photos of my newly installed M Aero Kit and Style 166M wheels with Michelin PS2s. I recognize now that I am going to have to remember to give all curbs a wide berth and keep clear of parking lot stop thingies.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Kzang said:
Very Nice looking.. How much did you pay for it installed and painted?
$3350. $1,350 for M Aero Kit from my dealer (matched Crevier price) and $2,000 for paint and installation by body shop that does all my BMW dealer's work. They are a BMW "Authorized" repair facility. I am very happy with the result.

·
friend of the marque
4,943 Posts
Dd-

Gorgeous!!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WAM said:
Very nice! Did the rear wheels fit without any wheel arch rolling or spacers?
Absolutely. Perfect fit. Some have used standard M5 rear tires which are 285mm wide vs. the 275/30s I used. I wanted to maintain the OEM wheel OD for speedo. etc.

·
Registered
269 Posts
awesome looking.....

love the aero kit.....

·
Pundit
2,512 Posts
Amazing wheels. You better keep them nice and clean :thumbup:

·
Registered
269 Posts
DD694 said:
Thanks. I sold my 2005 997S Coupe for my 550i. Have not looked back once. Now I love it even more.
Hopefully I will be as happy as you are....SOON (9/25)...:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Cool looking ride! Just wondering... are those Replica 166's?
Either way, very nice! :thumbup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's a sharp looking ride!!!! :thumbup:

I love the M-Pack and 166 wheel combo !! nice color as well...!:cool:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
X550-ED said:
Cool looking ride! Just wondering... are those Replica 166's?
Either way, very nice! :thumbup:
They are new BMW M5 wheels purchased from my BMW dealer.

·
Registered
336 Posts
How about the deck lip spoiler to complete "the look"?:thumbup: :thumbup: Now this is a 5 series!

Is the suspension stock? Seems high.:dunno:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Eduardo said:
How about the deck lip spoiler to complete "the look"?:thumbup: :thumbup: Now this is a 5 series!

Is the suspension stock? Seems high.:dunno:
Suspensionn is stock. I prefer to leave it as is. I am not a big fan of the deck lip spoiler. Seems sort of over the top except where actually used for aero dynamic purposes. But then that is just my take on it. Thanks for the suggestion, however.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Still have it?

DD, I came upon your post and I have to ask... do you still have your 550? I just bought an '06 Silver Grey 550i in Ventura with the M-Tech Aero kit and 166M wheels, and all the same optoins you have. Bought it from a dealer who had been using it as one of his personal vehicles for a few months. Seems like it would be a strange coincidence if it wasn't yours (or even if it was). :dunno:

·
Running around in circles
3,638 Posts
DD, I came upon your post and I have to ask... do you still have your 550? I just bought an '06 Silver Grey 550i in Ventura with the M-Tech Aero kit and 166M wheels, and all the same optoins you have. Bought it from a dealer who had been using it as one of his personal vehicles for a few months. Seems like it would be a strange coincidence if it wasn't yours (or even if it was). :dunno:
Hasn't been here for a while. Must have moved on :dunno:

·
Registered
783 Posts
That's a sharp looking ride!!!! :thumbup:

I love the M-Pack and 166 wheel combo !! nice color as well...!:cool:
Kwilliams - I like your signature photo. It will be very similar to the new 08 550i with the Sport Package that no includes the M Aero Kit as well as those same 19" rims you have on your vehicle now. Do you have any more areas on this website that you posted more photos of your beautiful vehicle?

I still love the Silver Gray Color, but the black color is also growing on me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts