BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to wake up at 4:00am to meet their production manager at their plant for a custom fitting...Wasn't 100% certain that their bra would fit the Ci with factory Aero.

Had a quick look-around at their plant. It's a small shop with a lot of custom work and mainly warehousing of merchandize. It's pretty cool though, they can customize the clips that holds the bra on right on the spot, and if something wasn't fitting right they can re-cut the template.

She showed me some of the more interesting materials coming up, of course there's the new carbon fiber bra (impressive) and a colorshifting, purple-blue-greenish material similar to the carbon fiber (ugh). The carbon fiber bra felt more flexible and lighter than the leather material, and is probably a lot more durable. I'm going to have to ask Roger if I can get my hands on a CF bra as well...That should be a big seller. Unfortunately they would need to special order the material and it takes up to two weeks to process the order, where as I can have a leather bra in 2 days. :(

I was also hoping they can custom cut something for the Ci w/ factory aero, but it looks like the closest thing they have is the E46 M3 bra that will work.

·
Registered
100 Posts
CF Bra

I have the carbon fiber bra on my 330Ci. I use it for the track and long trips. It's great. The first time you put it on is tough. It fits very tightly, which is what you want.
What surprised me was the air deflectors on the top of the bra really help reduce bugs on the rest of the hood and windshield.
Unfortunately, it wont stop rocks though, and I have several small chips in the windshield.:(

I highly recommend it. It's a great product and I think it has really saved the paint on my front end.

-T:thumbup:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping to pick up a set for evaluation by this Friday's track date, but Roger from Colgan said the earliest he'd be able to get a set of the CF bra out is by next Monday. :(

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Im really interested in what you decide, or come up with. Im in the market for such a bra that looks good, and fits good. I make routine 5 hour drives, and with under 3 thousand miles I already have a couple chips that are only noticable when you detail it yet are still there. I havent actually decided on a bra, or the clear coat film I have seen in my bav auto catalog. It is almost like tinting your nose area.

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Personally, I dislike the looks of bra's, but I found it necessary to put my mind to ease with the "sandblasting" on the hood line that my black finish was receiving, little pits and all...so I broke down and bought a Colgan partial bra...I maintain it, take it off when there is a hint of rain, so up here, it only gets used about 125 days out of the year ;) but, like I said, my mind is at ease...

Looking forward to the carbon fiber look, anyone got a pic of one?

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ripsnort said:
Looking forward to the carbon fiber look, anyone got a pic of one?
I will soon...Next week.

My primary reason for looking into the "bra" business is for track use, and on long (2+ hour) drives on busy freeway with a lot of truck and 18 wheeler traffic. I will most likely keep it on for the first couple of weeks, and then off and on to measure the effectiveness of the bra. I'll probably clean up my wife's 'Ci and put it on her car since she tend to get a lot more chips than I do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts