Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car was deemed a total loss, so I have to say good bye.
Hopped in a 2011 e92 335is DCT. Still have to work a few kinks with insurance and maybe I can take some stuff off the old trusted......which didn't let me down in almost 10 years of ownership.
Enjoyed the ride on this forum. Good bye everybody

·
Der Ursprüngliche....Albo
1,008 Posts
Wow!! Sorry to hear. I feel like I'm losing an old friend. Good luck with the e92...they are great cars. The 335is is especially good. I'm looking forward to buying an e90 M3 someday myself.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I'm likewise sorry to lose such a knowledgeable and dedicated member. Hope you enjoy your new car.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Sorry for your loss... nice alt car.. enjoy it...! -- buy the car back from insurance company and sell us the parts!!!

·
Registered
12,073 Posts
sorry for the loss and all the best with the new bimmer. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Doru,
Very sorry to hear about your E39s demise, your posts and responses were always informative and appreciated. You will be missed on both forums, take care.
Sammy

·
Registered
152 Posts
you'll be missed. good luck.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Doru, Thanks for all the good deeds that you made happen here at this site. Hoping the best for you, on down the road.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the wishes guys. The e39 was a GREAT car, really enjoyed it, and I would have probably kept it for a long time if the crash didn't happen. Haven't really looked for a replacement. The old lady was an exceptional daily driver winter or summer with really no major issues. I do have to say though, that every summer she was on jackstands once or twice for thorough inspections, done not by qualified mechanics, but by me. Every time I noticed something that potentially could go wrong, the part was changed with no remorse. I WASN'T LEFT STRANDED during winter except the 2nd winter when the CCV froze during a horrible cold long drive (at that time the cold climate version was just coming out...). It was a magnificent car with all the bells & whistles which features were discreetly laid out at the hands of the owner.

This and other forums together with local bimmerheads helped keep the car in impeccable condition throughout the years. THANK YOU ALL and also TO ALL THE OLD SCHOOL GUYS THAT HAVE LEFT THIS AND THE OTHER FORUM YEARS AGO and all of which contributed with a tremendous amount of knowledge.

Here are some pics of the replacement. These are the shots from the lot.

60c238e9-8c38-4c31-9cda-366ce8e5b14d.jpg

6804914f-9234-4594-9c03-2565cff84caa.jpg

6d70a0f3-5c8a-454b-86a6-c565a98b79e6.jpg

5a526bfb-3556-4e92-a1b2-1813baf86f1a.jpg

72d7c17a-fe14-4534-ba28-5a08212449cb.jpg

b5caf516-279f-48be-816b-a2be4d6e200b.jpg

·
Registered
6,916 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss and all the best with the new car! Glad to know you are well. Thanx for all the great input over the years! You will be missed! :cry:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Absolutely beautiful car bud-im so jealous. Perfect replacement for your loss, you deserve it for your invaluable info you shared on this site for many years. How much did she set you back? and make sure to keep up on your walnut shell carbon cleanings lol

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
1+,

The fact that you lost your E39 doesn't mean you can't post here haha!
Come back any time...
^Exactly.

Sorry about the E39, and enjoy your E92! Great looking car!

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Absolutely beautiful car bud-im so jealous. Perfect replacement for your loss, you deserve it for your invaluable info you shared on this site for many years. How much did she set you back? and make sure to keep up on your walnut shell carbon cleanings lol
I think I might do that once, then there are ways to prevent that from happening ever again.

It set me back 20 grand (CAD) plus my car. I think it was a decent deal in the end.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts