Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter is now the proud owner of a new BMW. Just took delivery this evening.

The vitals:
-------------
2002 Roadster
Topaz Blue w/ orange leatherette interior
Sport Package
Xenon's

Future mods:
---------------
M3 steering wheel
Yellow brake calipers
VTEC stickers
Aircraft wing/spoiler

My new Bimmer!!!

Look out, papa, I'm givin' her some gas!!

Checking out the interior

Traction control off, getting ready to light up the rear tires

Easy does it there, Marc. Before you can learn to fly, you must first learn to walk....err...crawl.

·
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Just took delivery of new Bimmer!!!

Ack said:

:lmao: I especially like the "Traction control off, getting ready to light up the rear tires" part.

What style rims are on that roadster? :dunno:

Couldn't get 'em to light up. Turns out that she didn't hold the DSC button down for the full 3 seconds. :)

The rims are spittin' image of the 325i SP wheels (2001 model year). not sure what model number those are.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Just took delivery of new Bimmer!!!

ff said:

Couldn't get 'em to light up. Turns out that she didn't hold the DSC button down for the full 3 seconds. :)

The rims are spittin' image of the 325i SP wheels (2001 model year). not sure what model number those are.
The 2001 325i SP had the Type 44's. These look more like the 43's, i.e. Nate's car.

·
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DougDogs said:
FF, better keep the DCS turned on, otherwise the wood floor will get black marks all over it:D

Looks sharp:thumbup:
Believe me, I'm watching those floors like a hawk! So far, the kids have been pretty easy on the wood, but the dog on the other hand.... those claws are murder.

·
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alan F said:
Her BMW is much nicer than yours ;) ;)
It is. Much more predictable clutch engagement, no electronical gas pedal thingy, low emissions (depends on who's driving), and gets excellent mileage.

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
ff said:

It is. Much more predictable clutch engagement, no electronical gas pedal thingy, low emissions (depends on who's driving), and gets excellent mileage.

lol, great write-up, you should be a writer for one of the car magazines . . . or maybe you'd be better off being a writer for the Fisher price catalog ;) ;)

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
Dave 330i said:
You let them scratch up your wood floor? What a nice daddy
Come on Dave . . . you gotta let kids be kids . . . it's just a floor and when the kids grow up a little, he can have the floors refinished !!

Anyway, I have a feeling from the way you talk about your kids that you agree with me. You seem to be a good dad as well :thunbup:

T

·
0 Posts
Dave 330i said:
And short of locking them in their rooms, how would you suggest they not scratch the wood floors?

I've just accepted that I'll have to replace a lot of things when my daughter (and her possible sibling) get a bit older.

·
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dave 330i said:
The wheels are fairly soft rubber/plastic, so the damage to the wood floors should be pretty minimal (if any). The key to keeping wood floors looking new, is to keep them clean. Little pebbles and sand are murder.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts