BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Congrats! I just got a similar 2023 X545e, phytonic blue. It was ordered by someone who backed out. As it was the end of the month my local dealer called me to tell me it was available, if I was interested. I checked it out after work and fell in love. Executive package, Silverstone sensafin vegan leather seats. These seats are actually very attractive and comfortable! Since my wife does a lot of hiking in the mountains, I'm glad to have these seats which should be more durable. I traded in a 2020 Audi Q5e, which we really liked. The X5 is sublime, though. Absolutely loving it. After a couple trips, projected range has been 40+ miles. Taking a trip to the Adirondacks in a couple weeks. Can't wait. This may be my last ICE-containing car, so a BMW inline 6 is a good way to go. Cheers!

· Registered
14 Posts
The more I drive the 45e the more I'm loving it. So quiet and smooth. I'm getting about 40 miles on a full charge on back roads. The 45e replaces a 2020 Audi Q5e, which was a great car. The 45e is a definite step up, though. Just wish I could charge it more quickly. I have an Adirondack trip coming up and looking forward to that. A good chance to break in the ICE.

· Registered
14 Posts
You certainly can use the ICE to charge up the battery, but it's the least efficient, most expensive way to do it. I would suggest starting all journeys with a fulll battery put your destination into the drive GPS and precondition the interior while plugged in. The car will optimize the battery usage. If you don't have access to charging at your destination, you can consider setting the battery control to 30% so that you have energy to pre-heat this interior before you start. Make sure you have Plug Share on your phone so that you can find nearby chargers at your destination. Plug Share also has hotels that have charging available. The GPS also has this information, but I don't know how up to date it is. Plug Share has reviews of the chargers and info on whether they work or not. Having made several 300+ mile trips, I've been averaging mpg in the low 30s. Weather and driving conditions will have a big effect on mpgs. Most of all, enjoy the smooth ride!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts