BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an oem base support roof rack for my 01 325i and I am having the hardest time finding accessories to go with it. I've googled, binged, forum searched, ebayed, craiglisted, looked at bmw's site and even called the dealer and can't find a place to purchase the accessories for my year model. The parts dept. at BMW only goes to an 06, the guy at the counter couldn't tell me but is the base support the same for both models? Or does anyone know where I can purchase these parts? I wish I would have bought the Thule or Yakima rack now, hindsight always stinks...

·
Function over fashion
887 Posts
How big are the bars? I can't imagine they're that different year to year. I also suspect you could just use other brand accessories with the factory bars, maybe with a little adaptation?

I use thule bars on my factory rails with an old barrecrafters box, none of these things is "interchangeable" but they all work, with a little tweaking here and there.

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
I don't think they ever made a kayak accessory. I recall seeing a (very flimsy looking) fork mount for road bikes, a frame mount for mountain bikes, a ski rack, and a cargo box or two. The OEM racks have an odd shape (and a very odd attachment scheme), so fitting someone else's accessories may be problematic.

I use Thule racks on my car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
BMW bike rack

I bought the base support roof rack and ski & snowboard add-ons from the dealer, then bought two BMW bike racks off eBay.

See attached pages from the BMW accessories book - I got two of item B, part number 82720137716 (I didn't get the bike lift, but that looks kinda neat !).

You can sometimes see the BMW racks come up for sale on eBay...

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.