BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· IntarWeb Stalker
10,180 Posts
328xi is a great car. Unless you have been experiencing issues with it then nobody but you can answer that question.

See what kind of deal you can get. If you like the offer, and the money makes sense to you then switch...the f30 is also a fun ride.

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
328xi is a great car. Unless you have been experiencing issues with it then nobody but you can answer that question.

See what kind of deal you can get. If you like the offer, and the money makes sense to you then switch...the f30 is also a fun ride.
I am in love with it but I am all about the money. I cant lose money its just not in me lol

· <- Bailey
45,761 Posts
Well, you will lose money by trading it in. You will gain the maximum money by driving it until it will no longer be fixable for less than it is worth, say, 15 or more years, and a quarter million miles.

In between, you gotta choose.

· Registered
15 Posts
Well, you will lose money by trading it in. You will gain the maximum money by driving it until it will no longer be fixable for less than it is worth, say, 15 or more years, and a quarter million miles.

In between, you gotta choose.
I agree. If you're about spending less money and haven't had any problems, keep it. Even after another 6 years and a new generation, I'm sure your 2010 will look great. I see so many used previous generation 3-series on the road everyday and they still look great. :thumbup:

· Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Idk what to do. I have 12,575 on my car now. BMW said I could trade it in for a new one. But is my 328i worth keeping $$$ wise?
12575 miles? It's still a baby. Why do you think you need to trade it in?

· Banned
10,511 Posts
I am in love with it but I am all about the money. I cant lose money its just not in me lol
All righty then, BMWMAN33 -- let's get down to brass tacks!

Cartoon Illustration Fictional character Animation

You're your own man; some might say "He's a Maverick!"

Clearly, 'the money thing' is a very different concept than 'the money.'

Wouldn't you agree?

Dance Organism Folk dance Event Performing arts

Now comes the big question: Do you keep the 328i for extensive speed mods, possibly supercharging, or do you trade that ol' broke down joint for a shiny new 1st year of production 328i?

Whatever you decide, and we sure do appreciate your asking an Internet forum, run, don't walk, back to your car, or to your nearest BMW dealer!

Orange Illustration Fictional character Art

· Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
20,556 Posts

· Philosopher-king
6,427 Posts

· Philosopher-king
6,427 Posts
I read the Consumer Reports "Make your car last 200,000 miles" article in the September issue -- and all of the "Great all-around cars" they recommend in the article are Japanese, with most being Toyota/Lexus and Honda/Acura models.

All of their "Models to avoid" are either Eurocars or US domestics. I imagine with the electronics and software, keeping even a 328i -- supposedly the most reliable current Bimmer -- going for 250,000 miles will be an adventure!

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree. If you're about spending less money and haven't had any problems, keep it. Even after another 6 years and a new generation, I'm sure your 2010 will look great. I see so many used previous generation 3-series on the road everyday and they still look great. :thumbup:
thanks man!! I love my car and nock wood I have not had any problems :) I love the look of it more than the f30. I think I am going to keep it :)

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I read the Consumer Reports "Make your car last 200,000 miles" article in the September issue -- and all of the "Great all-around cars" they recommend in the article are Japanese, with most being Toyota/Lexus and Honda/Acura models.

All of their "Models to avoid" are either Eurocars or US domestics. I imagine with the electronics and software, keeping even a 328i -- supposedly the most reliable current Bimmer -- going for 250,000 miles will be an adventure!
LOL **** 250,000 miles. I am going for 500,000 =D. I am going to keep my car, and If I get board I will sell my orther cars and get another BMW

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All righty then, BMWMAN33 -- let's get down to brass tacks!

View attachment 336553

You're your own man; some might say "He's a Maverick!"

Clearly, 'the money thing' is a very different concept than 'the money.'

Wouldn't you agree?

View attachment 336579

Now comes the big question: Do you keep the 328i for extensive speed mods, possibly supercharging, or do you trade that ol' broke down joint for a shiny new 1st year of production 328i?

Whatever you decide, and we sure do appreciate your asking an Internet forum, run, don't walk, back to your car, or to your nearest BMW dealer!

View attachment 336580
I am keeping my 328i I love it =D thanks for the help

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How long have you had the car? Have you done any mods on the car? One thing to stay interested is to add a mod every 6 months or a year.
I have had the car for about 2 years, I dident really do anything to it buy little mods hear and there. But I like your idea I am going to mod it alot now :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.