BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come the driver's seat doesn't remember the last position of individual key holders? In my old E46, the driver's side seat adjusts automatically depending on which key(mine or my wife's) is used to unlock the car.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Software issue. At some point there will be a software upgrade to fix it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My Key and Memory feature doesn't work either....contacted my dealer who said the software to program that feature, and Daytime running Lights, are not yet available for the E90. He said they should have it in about a month, at which time I can bring the car in to have it retrofitted. I don't know if this is true for all regions/dealerships.

·
Registered
11 Posts
matrix1 said:
My Key and Memory feature doesn't work either....contacted my dealer who said the software to program that feature, and Daytime running Lights, are not yet available for the E90. He said they should have it in about a month, at which time I can bring the car in to have it retrofitted. I don't know if this is true for all regions/dealerships.
is this common with BMWs? I'll be picking up my first (325ia) on Tuesday night. should I expect to bring it back regularly for software patches? Also, I assume is this feature a duplicate of the "manual" memory seat buttons?

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
theprofessor said:
is this common with BMWs?
Mostly in the first year of production. However since more and more computing power gets put in, I suspect it will get worse with each new model.

·
Bimmer back, Bimmer back
1,603 Posts
theprofessor said:
is this common with BMWs? I'll be picking up my first (325ia) on Tuesday night. should I expect to bring it back regularly for software patches? Also, I assume is this feature a duplicate of the "manual" memory seat buttons?
This is not a new feature. Basically what happens is when you get out of the car and lock the door, the position of the seat and mirrors will be stored in memory.

So, if your wife takes her keys and gets in the car and drives it, then the next time you go to drive it, and unlock the doors with your key, the seat and mirrors will move into the position where they were when you last locked the door with your key, regardless of what is stored in memory 1 and memory 2. And I would say from my little experience and from reading this board that yes, people often go to the dealer for software upgrades or to get a certain feature programmed. Welcome to the tech world. I read that on c-net the new 3 series is one of the top 10 cars for techies.

·
Registered
11 Posts
the_s_rabbit said:
This is not a new feature. Basically what happens is when you get out of the car and lock the door, the position of the seat and mirrors will be stored in memory.

So, if your wife takes her keys and gets in the car and drives it, then the next time you go to drive it, and unlock the doors with your key, the seat and mirrors will move into the position where they were when you last locked the door with your key, regardless of what is stored in memory 1 and memory 2. And I would say from my little experience and from reading this board that yes, people often go to the dealer for software upgrades or to get a certain feature programmed. Welcome to the tech world. I read that on c-net the new 3 series is one of the top 10 cars for techies.
thanks for the info! oh, i dont mind the idea of getting the thing patched at all -- particularly if it adds a great new feature...

·
Registered
116 Posts
From the future: "Please wait while the latest software patches are applied. Thank you for using BMW Update..."

From anyone with experience having their 1st model year updated - is it a quick and painless flash process, or is it something that is annoying both for the service dept. and the customer? Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
47 Posts
IF you have iDrive, you can program this feature yourself...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts