BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good options for E65 keychains other than the BMW 7 shackle? None of the regular circular snap ring or carabiners seem to fit, and the kids are looking for something to give dad for father's day.

·
Porsche Ex-Pat
660 Posts
I have the one with the 7 on it and it actually looks pretty cool. People often say that it is nice looking and goes along with the key fob nicely.

Have them get you a clay bar, some nice microfiber towels, some hi gloss polish and some wax. Mine turned out great and only cost $56.

·
Registered
907 Posts
There's quite a few selections but not much for e65/66 specifically.

One of the better looking ones IMHO are either the ring or horse-shoe style:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the lower one of the two you posted, but Global is out of them, and nobody else is really convenient. I got the top one, but it doesn't really fit in the key opening.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I like the lower one of the two you posted, but Global is out of them, and nobody else is really convenient. I got the top one, but it doesn't really fit in the key opening.
Is United too far for you? I've had several bad experiences @ Global & drive the few extra miles to United. I've been going there for a year & not that many issues or problems. & they always hook me up w/ a 7/X5 loaner.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks...certainly worth a try.

·
Registered
542 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you very much! I had looked on eBay and missed it. I betcha I can get this shipped in time to sneak it to one of the kids instead of a tie. Life is good.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
OP:
BEWARE of this diz character. hes a smartass and often posts links to bootleg products! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
whattup diz?:D
:rofl: I was made in Taiwan after all. bootlegging and knock offs is big business there. i support em'. anything you see on ebay that is from taiwan or china, you can bet its fake.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Is United too far for you? I've had several bad experiences @ Global & drive the few extra miles to United. I've been going there for a year & not that many issues or problems. & they always hook me up w/ a 7/X5 loaner.
Just switched off of Global to BMW of South Atlanta. They have reserved parking spots near the airport and will service my car on trips. WAY too many problems with Global service.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Just switched off of Global to BMW of South Atlanta. They have reserved parking spots near the airport and will service my car on trips. WAY too many problems with Global service.
I almost bought a car from them. That's Hank Aarons' dealership, right? It's too far for me to go for service though. As for Global, I've heard they've fired the service manager & hired a new one to to turn things around but, I haven't heard any news good/bad since the change. I guess they got tired of all the 1's in the surveys!:tsk:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
The horseshoe keychain fits the e65/66 key perfect...just bought one from a NY BMW dealer selling them on Ebay.
Is that a 750 or did you add the facelift?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
There's quite a few selections but not much for e65/66 specifically.

One of the better looking ones IMHO are either the ring or horse-shoe style:

The second keychain is really the only one that will work with a E65/66 but its terrible too. The clasp constantly comes disconnected and my other keys fall off. I tried to solder the end and then it just broke in two. I am on my 3rd one. The dealer keeps replacing for free! So if you are going to buy, at least do it at the dealership, once a boot leg breaks, you will be buying another.

·
The White Knight
648 Posts
the second keychain is really the only one that will work with a e65/66 but its terrible too. The clasp constantly comes disconnected and my other keys fall off. I tried to solder the end and then it just broke in two. I am on my 3rd one. The dealer keeps replacing for free! So if you are going to buy, at least do it at the dealership, once a boot leg breaks, you will be buying another.
x2

·
Registered
141 Posts
The second keychain is really the only one that will work with a E65/66 but its terrible too. The clasp constantly comes disconnected and my other keys fall off. I tried to solder the end and then it just broke in two. I am on my 3rd one. The dealer keeps replacing for free! So if you are going to buy, at least do it at the dealership, once a boot leg breaks, you will be buying another.
The shackles actually can be purchased separately now (2 in a pack). Instead of solving the problem, BMW decided to sell us replacements....

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I got one for sale, Any one? with the ring and horseshoe "the screw in" type

·
Registered
246 Posts

I have this one, looks great...only problem is sometimes it comes undone in my pocket.

very eye catchy lol, people see the key and think oh wow hes got a 7 series lol. I always have something on the table infront of me or in my hands usually my phone, wallet and my keys. even when walking to my car with keys and phone in hand, the 7 dangles down and people behind you see it lol

·
Registered
850 Posts

I have this one, looks great...only problem is sometimes it comes undone in my pocket.

very eye catchy lol, people see the key and think oh wow hes got a 7 series lol. I always have something on the table infront of me or in my hands usually my phone, wallet and my keys. even when walking to my car with keys and phone in hand, the 7 dangles down and people behind you see it lol
Can you just use a little lock tight on it?:dunno:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts