Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
‘02 530i

I purchased the car 2 years ago and the PO stated the “2nd” key would open the door locks manually, but the buttons didn’t work.. until now I haven’t made any efforts to get it working.
It looks as if the PO attempted to open (cut open?) the fob portion, presumably to replace the batteries.. My understanding is that the batteries are not replaceable, and I have been using the key to drive the car for a week now in an attempt to recharge the batteries.
Will this possibly work, and if so, how do I reprogram the key? IMG_9339.jpg Image1547492332.331810.jpg

‘02 BMW 530i MSport
Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Wingnut
3,705 Posts
diamond fob batteries are replaceable, dont remember any of the names of folks who do it, but if you search here or google some will come up. i diy myself, it can be done with mid grade soldering skill. id be willing to bet theres a diy here in the fest if you search for it. the reprogramming method is easy enough as well, google it for your Y/M, you need to do both keys together at the same time, or it will lose one of them out of memory.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Funny thing I just "literally" fixed my battery key fob today. https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1306373

Also I would like to add..If you take your time on cutting the key open it will look almost like nothing has been done. The pics above was from an impatient person doing repair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts