Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my original key fobs does not start or unlock doors. I bought a new key battery and tried to sync on steering column and still doesnt work. 2018 with 14,000mi. Is only path forward a trip to dealer?
thanks
Hd

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
One of my original key fobs does not start or unlock doors. I bought a new key battery and tried to sync on steering column and still doesnt work. 2018 with 14,000mi. Is only path forward a trip to dealer?
thanks
Hd
Are you sure the battery you put in was good? Also, if its a battery that came with the car, I dont believe you have to sync it with the car. It should just work if it has battery power.

A 2018 with 14k miles should still be under warranty though, so other than the inconvenience of taking it there, its likely no cost to you.

·
just copacetic!!!
2019 230i MSptPkg
1,643 Posts
thanks
Hd
If the battery in your other fob is still good, I would exchange batteries and see if your first fob now works - just be sure to insert the battery in the correct orientation, not reverse. If your fob still doesn’t work, then there’s a problem with the electronic board. If you’ve dropped the fob something might have jarred loose. Another thing you could try is to use your new battery in the second fob and see if that works or not - if it doesn’t, then it’s the battery that’s a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts