BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having spent a fair amount of time getting all my stored settings tweaked for my primary key remote, I'd like to replicate them to my second remote to use as a starting point.

Any way to do this?

If there is a post about this already, please post a link. I searched but didn't see anything relevant.

Also on a related topic, the manual says drive around for an extended drive or trip with each remote to keep them charged up. So how long would that be? I have yet to use my spare remote, and I suspect it needs to be charged up.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
The following works on my '05--not sure if it will work on an '08. I do this when I sometimes lose all key settings after a full Progman update.

The key memory is updated when you lock the car, so after setting everything the way you want it, lock the car with key 1, then unlock with key 1. Then lock the car with key 2. Both keys should have the same settings saved.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The following works on my '05--not sure if it will work on an '08. I do this when I sometimes lose all key settings after a full Progman update.

The key memory is updated when you lock the car, so after setting everything the way you want it, lock the car with key 1, then unlock with key 1. Then lock the car with key 2. Both keys should have the same settings saved.
Clever.... I'll give it a try and report results.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jim

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I tried but no luck. I do NOT have comfort access. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I tried but no luck. I do NOT have comfort access. Perhaps that has something to do with it.
I don't have comfort access either--it wasn't available in '05. Could be when they switched to the new key fob (I have the old key) they changed the key memory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts