BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My key wont turn from positon zero unless I pump the brakes for abot 30 seconds, it sounds like air is coming out of my front defrost vents on the dash. After a while the key starts and the car runs normal. Any ideas before I take it to the shop?

·
Registered
15,641 Posts
I cannot imagine a link between the ignition switch and the brake pedal.

·
BMW FETISH!!!
5,405 Posts
Next time it happens, jimmy the steering while while turning the key.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
Dunno what the problem is ... but others have had the same problem and have been given similar advice ...

So it behooves you to see what they did (and what they were told).

A quick /steering wheel(F3) in the bestlinks nets me the following.

As a courtesy to you, I highlighted the reference in red which you might be interested in ...

- What to do when both your automatic steering wheel tilt and manual & automatic driver seat control fails (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) & related automatic steering wheel tilt details (1) (2) (3) & what to do if your steering wheel & key cylinder locks in place (1) & signs of a failing ignition switch (1) or ring antenna (1) & the BMW TIS for when the ignition switch spins but does not engage (1) & rebuilding a failed ignition switch (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) & how to test your BMW E39 DSC steering wheel sensors (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) & how to retrofit to a 3-spoke M-Sport steering wheel (1) (2) (3) (4) & heated steering wheel retrofits (1) & updating the life of an old steering wheel (1) & where to buy the BMW steering wheel roundel (1) (2) (3) (4) (5).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts