BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm looking at adding keyless entry to my 91 325i sedan. I was wondering what systems people use, and if there's any that people recommend. I'm not interested in a full on alarm, because the car lives in a garage most of the time.

I was wondering, was there a BMW OEM system for the E30's? or do I have to go aftermarket? Has anyone used the Stellar model from BavAuto?

Thanks for all the help with the reupholstery by the way, I've got a couple quotes from upholsterers and they're upwards of $1K usually so I'm thinking I might just leave that. The money spent isn't going to get me the return if I sold the car, and the cloth is in really good shape.

Cheers!

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you go to ebay and search for omega research keyless entry you will find one for about 26 dollars. I called the company and asked questions about hooking it up in my 325. He said it was very easy. I will be ordering one next week. Good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used the AutoLoc one on eBay...

I got one by AutoLoc from eBay for around $40. Make sure you get the negative trigger one. Installation is pretty easy, you just find the lock signal wires (under the driver's kick panel, or in the trunk) and tap the appropriate wires in. Took about an hour for me to install.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well ordered it today so it will be a few days until I get it. The salesperson told me it would be quite easy to install. He said I can mount it in the trunk on the passenger side. We will see. Keep you posted.

·
Registered
112 Posts
does anyone have a DIY wrote up for doing this in the kickpanel as opposed to the trunk. For one, I do not have a constant hot wire in the trunk, and I also want to use the parking light flash option thatmine has. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts