BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 E60 550i

Somebody accidentally smashed my rear windshield and since that day I have been having a lot of issues with my keyless entry and the key fob in general.

Keyless rarely lock/unlocks doors at all and does not register that the key is in the vehicle to start.

Range of the key fob is very low. Lock/Unlock/Trunk/Panic only work right next to the car. Holding unlock to roll windows down doesn't connect long enough to roll down completely.

Any suggestions?

I have changed the batteries and tried my second key (also with a new battery) to no success.

Have also tried turning it off and turning it back on again. :dunno:

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
The problem is related to the remote access antennas and module that sends the unlock/ lock message to the cas module. It's probable that when the window was replaced, the tech left something unplugged or damaged a wire related to the system.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Does the car have comfort access? I believe non-comfort access cars use the diversity antenna in the rear window. It is possible it was not connected properly when the rear window was replaced.

Here is a CA document. There is a areial on the rear parcel shelf but I don't think it would have been disconnected to replace the rear window unless they took apart the rear deck.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.