BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently purchased a '95 325i, and love it. It came with one remote for the door locks and alarm. I bought one from "keylessride", and the directions to program it. They seem fairly easy. Problem is.....I have to find a control module that is supposed to be behind the glove box. I have removed the box and didn't see any control module. According to the directions, when I find this module, pop the bottom cover off, insert a chip into it, turn the ignition to the on position, press a button next to the chip....and thats about it. If anybody knows where this elusive module is located, please tell me.

Pic would even be better...... :thumbup:

·
John Firestone
2,913 Posts
Are you sure these are the directions for an American E36 BMW? Most likely, all you'll need or want to do with an alarm is plug it into the 12-pin U.S./Alpine alarm connector at the back left of the module rack behind the glovebox. You don't have to program anything: just plug into to the lines running to the door jam switches, the 4-way flasher module, ground, +12V power, and so on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its a little tricky to find, but once you take off the glove box, check to the far right side, it should be a little 5x5" black box mounted against the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts