Bimmerfest BMW banner

Who is commiting these "random" acts?

• A terrorist, or terrorism sympathizer. (Meaning islamic terrorism)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Ex-military, war scorned veteran, having a mental breakdown?

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • An anti-american militia/militant much like the midwestern group that was broke up before unleashing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A serial killer, with serial killer "MO" commiting random acts of violence to feed his thirst for bl

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A disgruntled Officer of the law getting back at the country and driving officials mad. Doing his "

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • A combination of the above, with one being a copy cat of the other. Rumors are circulating about th

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Other? Please explain your theory, if you care to.

Votes: 1 5.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who you think is doing this? I dont mean this to be in bad taste, but I was asked yesterday who I think might be responsible, and i came up with a few ideas.

·
Confused.
4,941 Posts
Does anybody know the racial/ social status of the victims. I know 1 was an IndianAmerican. I need more information about the victims. So, I put Islamic Terrorist until I find out about the victims.

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Okay...I'll try and make a very long story as short as I can...

As some of you know, I live in the area where this is going on (much to my chagrin :D ) and I was also raised here. I had a friend in high school who was very bright but always a little bit odd, but unfortunately, there was something wrong with that. You know how after someone wigs out and kills a bunch of people you invariably see friends and neighbors talking reports saying, "He was such a nice guy. Very quiet. You never would have thought..." Well, back in the day, if our friend wasn't with us and we'd see people like that on TV, we would make jokes about our friend, planning what we would say when our friend finally snapped. Something like, "Yeah, he was a nice guy and quiet and all that. But you always knew..."

Anyway, a few years ago he kind of went over the edge and the completely untrained pshrink in me says that he had become a paranoid schizophrenic among other things. Around the time that happened, he started blowing his money on guns. As his suffering grew more acute, he started wearing Kevlar under sweaters in the humid DC summers. The story gets a lot more complicated, but the next pivotal event was a standoff at his home between him and the MoCo police a few years ago. The end of that was a court determination that he had done nothing wrong and was not a danger to himself or others and the police were forced to return his firearms. It was shortly after that he was seen or heard from for the last time.

On Friday, one of our friends apparently (I don't know for sure, because what I've only heard it second hand) called the MoCo police with his theory that our friend might be the guy. Another friend (who was the last of us to be close to our wigged out friend) was contacted by the MoCo police by phone on Saturday. I haven't gotten all the details yet, but it sounded like the police were rather dismissive of the idea that our friend is responsible, but they are looking at him (at least enough to rule him out).

Very sad.

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
ronrich said:
Does anybody know the racial/ social status of the victims. I know 1 was an IndianAmerican. I need more information about the victims. So, I put Islamic Terrorist until I find out about the victims.
The racial makeup of the victims has been quite varied. Enough so, that the police don't think that race/ethnicity is a factor.

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
I look back at a friend I had in high school...

He started off 'normal' (what would that be?). As the years progressed, be became more obsessed with guns and started to wear camofluage (sp?) to school. Our friendship soon faltered (not much in common at that point).

One day, shortly after graduation, he took his guns and drove out to the Mojave Desert all alone. He never returned.

Authorities found his truck, and his guns. Then never found his body. Nobody knows what happened to him... we are pretty sure he is dead.

I wish we would have seen this coming and could have gotten him some help. I am glad that he kept his 'anger' to himself, and never took someone else out with him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts