BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I don't understand "special offers".

I emailed the King's Hotel First Class inquiring about the special rate they have for BMW customers that was mentioned in another thread today. I got back their reply, and their room rate was more expensive than I can find through their own website! Why do companies do this?

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Ulhand? It's #4 on TripAdvisor.com, offer a garage and backyard parking, and have exceptionally reasonable rates.

·
Farfrümsober
323 Posts
BMW info sent to me has King's rates lower than their site ... lower, but not much lower than you can find on bargain sites.

If I remember right ... double room at the 3* was 120 euro, 4* 150 euro ???

·
I need more coffee!
477 Posts
I would definitely recommend Hotel Uhland. We stayed there on our 2nd ED summer 2008 and were very pleased. It's an easy walk to the U-bahn station at the O'fest fairgrounds or even easier if you catch the bus at the end of the street. I contacted them via e-mail and mentioned the Rick Steves discounted rate and they were very accommodating. Very pleasant staff as well. The lady at the reception desk and I got to chatting about motorcycles and she mentioned that later that same day she was taking her last rider's test to get her motorcycle license. Coffee in the lobby 24/7 and a good breakfast included as well. My parents went with us and my dad has some mobility issues, but they have an elevator if this is a concern (many older hotels do not). Rooms were larger than I was expecting, not huge, but comfortable. Rate (for June 2008 with RS discount) was 95Euro double, 115Euro for a triple (with our 8-yr old daughter).

If you do a search in the ED subforum for "Uhland" you'll find several other reviews by members here. I know because they were helpful in my decision to choose this hotel. I think what I liked best was the fact that it didn't feel like a typical American hotel. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
189 Posts
We stayed at Hotel Uhland. It is near the central train station, the people were extremely friendly and helpful, good breakfast, nice neighborhood, room were nothing fancy but nice. We liked it for the convenience to the train station and the price was pretty reasonable also. We did not see a garage but they had a back yard parking lot we felt secure leaving our new Bimmer parked in. I recommend it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've stayed at Hotel Uhland twice. Rooms are not fancy, but very clean and nice. Good location, very friendly staff and nice breakfast buffet. Parking was fine. I would highly recommend it.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I've stayed at Hotel Uhland twice. Rooms are not fancy, but very clean and nice. Good location, very friendly staff and nice breakfast buffet. Parking was fine. I would highly recommend it.
Is the breakfast buffet included or do you have the option of getting a reduced rate without breakfast?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Going against the grain here...

We really liked the King's Hotel First Class -- and the breakfast was the best we had on the trip. We will definitely stay here again next time (when Le Meridien isn't offering C&P...)

Lastly, the Lufthansa bus from the airport is perfect transport to the hotel.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
+1 We also stayed there in 2005 The rooms are a little small but very clean and nice. The location is convenient to most things,
Good luck
cheers
vern

1 - 10 of 10 Posts