BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Does anyone have KLEEN WHEELS installed on their car.

BMW advised me not to use them but I am look for a second opinion.

I have heard that BMW doesn't advise them as well and would also be interested in hearing from anyone who uses them. My only concern would be that the brakes aren't being sufficently cooled when using the Kleen shields.

·
Porsche Ex-Pat
660 Posts
forget kleen shields. Invest in a $140 set of Akkebono ceramic low dust brake pads and you will LOVE THEM. I have had my stock wheels back on for 3 weeks now, and they still look clean. The factory pads dust so bad it is implossible to keep your wheels clean. You will love them, trust me.

·
Registered
546 Posts
forget kleen shields. Invest in a $140 set of Akkebono ceramic low dust brake pads and you will LOVE THEM. I have had my stock wheels back on for 3 weeks now, and they still look clean. The factory pads dust so bad it is implossible to keep your wheels clean. You will love them, trust me.
I have heard that using these brake pads you have a different feel in the brake pedal, is this true?

Also do these brake pads need to be warmed up before they are at their peak efficiency?

BTW, I think it's spelled Akebono.

·
Porsche Ex-Pat
660 Posts
Thanks for correcting my spelling MOM. I guess I dragged my finger on the iPhone when trying to help a fellow member with his question.

I would challenge you to tell the difference from a car with factory pads to mine. There is less than 2% difference in feel and warmup compared to factory in my opinion, and the dust is 500x less.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Thanks for correcting my spelling MOM. I guess I dragged my finger on the iPhone when trying to help a fellow member with his question.

I would challenge you to tell the difference from a car with factory pads to mine. There is less than 2% difference in feel and warmup compared to factory in my opinion, and the dust is 500x less.
Thanks for the reply. You given something for me to think about when it comes time to replace the pads.

I do find it curious that the Akebono web site lists brake pad options for the 2006 750iL, 760i and 760iL but not the 750i. For 2007 it only lists the 750iL and 760iL. Very odd.

http://www.showmetheparts.com/akebono/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts