Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
My vote is the water pump is going bad. It could be a bearing in a pulley or just a bad belt but I'm still thinking your water pump is going bad.

·
Registered
306 Posts
My vote is the water pump is going bad. It could be a bearing in a pulley or just a bad belt but I'm still thinking your water pump is going bad.
My guess on the video is this is an N54, which would be electric water pump I've never head of the electric pumps making a noise like that.

OP, You having any running issues? Does the noise change at different temperatures? Have you taken the belt off to see if it still makes noise?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do not have any running issues. The noise gets a little quieter as it warms up, but it is still prevalent. I have not taken the belt off to see if it still makes noise.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Is the noise new? I cant tell in the video how loud the noise is. The injectors on that engine are pretty loud and they can resemble a ticking noise. Have you determined where on the engine the noise is coming from?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The noise is new....or at least I started noticing it over the last week or two. From what I am able to tell, the noise is coming from the front and is associated with the belt/pulleys. Any thoughts on how to determine where the noise is coming from?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts