BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Kudos to the Forum!

676 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  bluebee
My blower fan stopped working at lunch today. Got online and did some searching here and found the most likely culprit is the Final Stage Unit (FSU). I called the local dealer and they had the part so I stopped by to pick up the part ($185, but only $105 with BMWCCA discount). Still pricier than online, but the part is Sitronic/Valeo and made in Germany AND I could get it and fix it the same day (it's somewhat hot around here).

There were plenty of DIY photos and I was able to replace it in about 20 minutes start to finish. The backside of the old one looks like it has a spot that has little dimples like it got overheated. Not sure about that though.

The fan did work on the way to pick up the new FSU, but from all that is posted about battery drain I wanted none of it, so it got replaced. Hopefully this is the i

This place is a treasure trove.

(now with the money I saved with the BMWCCA discount, I might buy a ticket or two in their raffle)
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
If you think that was good, wait until you have a REAL problem... :thumbup:
I can't handle "real" problems.

I can do basic stuff, but I can't afford 1) taking time off to fix it and 2) the time being without the car while I try to figure out how to fix it. I just pay someone else for things I think will take too long or beyond my abilities.

This place has helped me in other areas to at least know what is most likely the cause of problems.
The guys here are absolutely wonderful!

I must say, EVERY single problem I've had on my E39 that I resolved, I could not have done it without the help from here.

This is a special place.
This place has helped me in other areas to at least know what is most likely the cause of problems.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.