BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has Kumho discontinued their Ecsta MX series? I don't see any news on their site, but Tirerack doesn't show them in their latest print ads and has them listed as backorder on their website. Discount Tires, where I bought my last set doesn't list them anymore either. I've put almost 20K miles on an "oversized" set of 18's on my car, and have had nothing but good experiences with them. I'm about due for a new set of rears, although the fronts have plenty of life left in them. Gary or anyone else know what the status is? I really hope I don't have to switch brand/type of tires again.

· Registered
4,492 Posts
mtbscott said:
Has Kumho discontinued their Ecsta MX series? I don't see any news on their site, but Tirerack doesn't show them in their latest print ads and has them listed as backorder on their website. Discount Tires, where I bought my last set doesn't list them anymore either. I've put almost 20K miles on an "oversized" set of 18's on my car, and have had nothing but good experiences with them. I'm about due for a new set of rears, although the fronts have plenty of life left in them. Gary or anyone else know what the status is? I really hope I don't have to switch brand/type of tires again.
No, these are indeed current production tires. There is not room in the print ads for everything, especially with Spring wheel advertising... and keep in mind that one or a few backordered sizes does not mean that a tire is going away. :thumbup:

· Registered
4,492 Posts
mtbscott said:
Thanks Gary. I should probably order some now to have them ready when needed.
Not a bad idea... if you order with a credit card we will not charge the account until we ship the tires to you.

If you order online, don't forget to reference 'bimmerfest/gary' as your 'previous contact', a portion of the proceeds then goes back to the Bimmerfest.com forums.

Cool Avatar BTW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.