Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 328d, how can I reset the l/100km on my trip odometer. I'd like to know the gas consumption per trip.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

·
Lost but making good time
'11 335xi; '03 330Ci
5,618 Posts
While the consumption display (l/100km) is visible, press and hold the BC button until the value resets.

·
You Don't Need to Know
3,055 Posts
While the consumption display (l/100km) is visible, press and hold the BC button until the value resets.
That's the lifetime MPG.

The standard trip odo is reset by the button in the instrument panel.

Resetting the "trip computer" on the iDrive display is in Vehicle Info>>Trip Computer>>Reset

·
'11 335xi; '03 330Ci
5,618 Posts
That's the lifetime MPG.
Which is exactly what OP asked about.

OP also did not mention whether the vehicle has iDrive. (From the way the question was phrased, I assumed not.) Resetting the averages via the BC button works with or without iDrive.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

OP also did not mention whether the vehicle has iDrive. (From the way the question was phrased, I assumed not.) Resetting the averages via the BC button works with or without iDrive.
Yes I do have idrive but I'm still learning. I just want to reset the gas consumption when I reset the trip with the button in gauge cluster. But it worked by holding down the button on the left stalk. I guess I lost the "lifetime" fuel mileage by doing that?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

·
'11 335xi; '03 330Ci
5,618 Posts
But it worked by holding down the button on the left stalk. I guess I lost the "lifetime" fuel mileage by doing that?
Yes, that was the cumulative average, which is also displayed in the Onboard Info panel of iDrive.

If you want to reset both the trip odometer and the fuel consumption average every time you drive, instead do as tex2670 suggested and use the Trip Computer function in iDrive. That's why it exists. The trip computer records distance traveled, departure time, travel time, average speed, and average consumption since it was last reset. When you reset it, it resets all of these values at once. It is independent of the cumulative average speed & consumption reported in the cluster (and in Onboard Info).

Sounds like you need to spend some quality time with the owner's manual. These cars have a lot of features you may not stumble upon for years--literally--without some guidance. If you did not receive a bound copy of the manual with the car, you can download a PDF copy from the owners' section of the BMW website. :thumbup:

Edit: Incidentally, the buttons numbnered 1-8 are not (just) for radio presets. They are programmable shortcut keys that can be set to almost any iDrive function. I will leave it as your first exercise with the owner's manual to figure out how to assign one of them as a shortcut to the Trip Computer. ;)

·
Oil Burners Rule!
1,346 Posts

·
You Don't Need to Know
3,055 Posts

Ok--I'm glad you understood it... :dunno: I reset the trip computer after every fill up, and the lifetime MPG stays in tact (except a few months ago when the dealer updated my software).

And...you assumed his F30 doesn't have iDrive? Is that even possible? Even the 320 loaners I've had without nav have iDrive.

·
'11 335xi; '03 330Ci
5,618 Posts
And...you assumed his F30 doesn't have iDrive? Is that even possible?
:doh: :rofl:
You got me! Forgot which forum I was in for a moment there....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts