BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has already been posted - ran search and can't find anything.

Just purchased a 98 328i with 90K and don't have good maintenance history on the car. I'd like to get all of the fluids changed, trans, diff, coolant and brake. I bought two repair manuals for the car and am not afraid of getting greasy. If a repair shop will do it without breaking my bank account I'd consider lettng them.

Does anyone know where labor hours can be found for repair / maintenance work? This would help me to decide whether to do it myself or let a shop.

Thanks for your replies.

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
Sorry if this has already been posted - ran search and can't find anything.

Just purchased a 98 328i with 90K and don't have good maintenance history on the car. I'd like to get all of the fluids changed, trans, diff, coolant and brake. I bought two repair manuals for the car and am not afraid of getting greasy. If a repair shop will do it without breaking my bank account I'd consider lettng them.

Does anyone know where labor hours can be found for repair / maintenance work? This would help me to decide whether to do it myself or let a shop.

Thanks for your replies.
My estimate, $1500.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
About $150 material - $1,350 labor? I'd think a decent tech could do it in about 5 - 6 hours.

Still like to get my hands on the book that they use to get shop hours.

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts