BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
En Den?
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife complained that the clock on the display always is behind by 15mins.

I laughed and said that its not possible. Last Monday, I went ahead and set it to my phone''s time which is synched with the AT&T network.

Sure enough, by Friday that fricken clock is 15mins behind, WTF?

Could this be related to the battery being drained 3x since purchasing this vehicle?

·
Registered
2 Posts
You need to remember to turn off your flux capacitor when not in use!!! Dashboard time is different to main system time. Get bmw to set clock right with computer through your port.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Could this be related to the battery being drained 3x since purchasing this vehicle?
Could be... although I'd expect if you were having battery drain issues you would see the clock reset to --:-- rather than just losing time. What's the longest time you let the car sit between setting the clock to the correct time to when you checked it again?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah thats related to your battery issues. I brought my 535 in with the same complaint, and they said that when the battery is low, it stops powering ancillary things like the clock and whatnot, to save juice for more important things. Bottom line, I hook up a battery tender overnight on weekends and my clock doesnt lose time anymore.

I asked why is my battery low, it gets driven everyday? Because my daily commute is 10 miles roundtrip and thats not enough to keep it charged. F'ing ridiculous. You figure paying this much for a car there'd be a decent alternator on it to prevent this from happening. Poor design.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts