BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my cars reading fault code 1222. which is the Lambda control 1? what is a Lambda. I just installed new brakes then did a stomp code thing. i ran seafoam about 2 weeks ago, could that of caused this? the car runs fine...i think. where is the lambda located?

·
Rather Large Member
4,553 Posts
This code is stored when the DME detects excessive deviations in the air-fuel mixture (too rich or too lean) for longer than 10 seconds. Possible causes: Fuel tank ran empty, Incorrect Fuel Pressure, Injector valve defective or coked, Engine Temperature Sensor defective, Secondary air leak, Fuel evaporation control system defective, Air Flow Meter defective and/or the combustion is being disturbed by mechanical failure (Spark plugs,, compression, intake/exhaust valves, ...etc.)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i checked for leaks and couldn't find anything. my 0-60's have been slower. cant seafoam mess up an o2 sensor. my car seems to idle fine. but the power seems a ltitle down. should i get a new o2 sensor or use some fuel system cleaner like bg44k

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all fixed and my 0-60 is magically 2 seconds faster. makes no sense

·
livin large
7,557 Posts
dude, what did you do to your car?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dude, what did you do to your car?
unplugged the battery and removed back seats...i dont know why its faster and the fault code is reading right now. it revs effortlessly to 6000rpms. i guess thats an e30:)

·
livin large
7,557 Posts
unplugged the battery and removed back seats...i dont know why its faster and the fault code is reading right now. it revs effortlessly to 6000rpms. i guess thats an e30:)
no what i mean, is what did you do to your car? it just doesnt come up with a fualt somewhere and run bad for a bit then turn it off and runs like a champ.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no what i mean, is what did you do to your car? it just doesnt come up with a fualt somewhere and run bad for a bit then turn it off and runs like a champ.
i guess when i seafoamed it it turned on the 1222 fault code. so now with the ECU reset, its all fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts