BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Can't control my fingers
15,162 Posts
I'd think twice about doing this to your car.

These mods are never the same as an original install and are nothing but problematic down the road. This type of door is reserved for the ultra high end sports cars and would just look dumb on a BMW.

Don't waste your time and money. You will be the laughing stock of your neighbourhood....or your entire State.

Do not do this or you will be sorry. :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
280 Posts
i'd think twice about doing this to your car.

These mods are never the same as an original install and are nothing but problematic down the road. This type of door is reserved for the ultra high end sports cars and would just look dumb on a bmw.

Don't waste your time and money. You will be the laughing stock of your neighbourhood....or your entire state.

Do not do this or you will be sorry. :thumbdwn:
+1

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
It's your car do what you want, but good luck selling it - I wouldn't even look twice at it if someone did that to it! And there is no such thing as a bolt on kit - the hinges are either glued or welded on and usually the new ones need some welding and all the electrical need to be extended etc - not a minor job to do!

·
Can't control my fingers
15,162 Posts
Also keep in mind that most car frames and doors are not designed to take the kind of torque that is applied when these doors are lifted. Try and find a ricer that has had it done and you will see how flimsy and unprofessional the whole mod is.

·
Bimmerfest *******
830 Posts

^^^that's actually an e36 coupe with an e39 front end...wow, the creativity behind it...

·
Flying monkey herder
8,180 Posts

1 - 20 of 91 Posts