BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,-

Just got my e-sys (59) up running. Tried to code some features, one of them was Lane Departure Warning. It dit not work, so un-coded everything.

Now my LCW is not working. When starting up car, it looks fine, but when I pass 50Km/t mark, it fails.

From ISTA I can see the following error: 481c80 SWW: Code control unit - ABL Lane Change Warning Encode control unit

I tryed to FA code the car, same issue..
Cant find any SWW module and my HC2 module can't be coded?
Recoded ICM, but same result.

Any sugestions?

Br.

Jesper

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Not sure..

Just added some pictures. Including error code.
It seems that I am missing xxx.NCD file in CAF, I had to reinstall my E-sys, and this might have done something bad for my BMW..

My PSDZDATA file should be: V3.59.0 Where can can you normally see version number?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
40,382 Posts
Hi

Not sure..

Just added some pictures. Including error code.
It seems that I am missing xxx.NCD file in CAF, I had to reinstall my E-sys, and this might have done something bad for my BMW..

My PSDZDATA file should be: V3.59.0 Where can can you normally see version number?
HC2 has problem. Are you able to inject CAFD into it and successfully VO Code it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

You mean,- like in picture 4, and then calculate FA, and (if no error) VO code the car?? - not tried, that but will do tomorrow

·
Premium Member
40,382 Posts
Hi,

You mean,- like in picture 4, and then calculate FA, and (if no error) VO code the car?? - not tried, that but will do tomorrow
I mean this:

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Left-Click on HC2 => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level shown => Select OK => Right-Click on HC2 (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

In the one picture, HC2 has corrupt VIN for some reason, so it make need VIN written to it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have tried this, but get an error (don't have picture). I tried with different I-step versions but same result.

·
Premium Member
40,382 Posts
I have tried this, but get an error (don't have picture). I tried with different I-step versions but same result.
Probably because of VIN issue. You need to fix VIN first.

·
Premium Member
40,382 Posts
ok,- do you have an idea?
Yeah, write car VIN to HC2 using:

E-Sys Expert Mode => FSC-Extended => WriteDataByIdentifierVIN

Then Inject CAFD into HC2 and VO Code it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi,-

Thanks, but I am lost.. I don't have an FSC file, so could you meaty help with more how to do in basic version!
And meaty link to place where I can read more about file system.

·
Premium Member
40,382 Posts
Hi,-

Thanks, but I am lost.. I don't have an FSC file, so could you meaty help with more how to do in basic version!
And meaty link to place where I can read more about file system.
Nothing I wrote above requires an FSC Code.

·
Premium Member
40,382 Posts
Hi,-
Okay, there must be something I don't understand. It request base information and throw error.
Use 0x08 For Diag Address, and then hit Identify and Base Variant Should Populate showing HC2. Then highlight WriteDataByIdentifierVIN and press the >> button to move it to the right, and then hit Start button, then enter car's Long VIN.

·
Premium Member
40,382 Posts
Sorry, wrong attachment
Nowhere did I write to put anything (0x08) in the Application Number and Upgrade Index fields. These should be blank. Only the Diag Address is 0x08.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Shawn
Thanks for your support,-

It keeps throwing errors in my face. Before running this command, I read FA, activate FA, Read ECU/SVT.

something I do wrong?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
40,382 Posts
Hi Shawn
Thanks for your support,-

It keeps throwing errors in my face. Before running this command, I read FA, activate FA, Read ECU/SVT.

something I do wrong?
Once again, nowhere did I write to put anything (0x08) in the Application Number and Upgrade Index fields. These should be blank. Only the Diag Address is 0x08.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts