BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok- no smart remarks for the following.

I see in my dash the lane departure graphics but I don't see an actual button to activate this.
Does this require coding ?
I have the ACC but I am pretty sure coding is required for this Lane departure option.

Please no funny stuff or snotty remarks.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts

I see in my dash the lane departure graphics but I don't see an actual button to activate this.
Does this require coding ?
I have the ACC but I am pretty sure coding is required for this Lane departure option.

Please no funny stuff or snotty remarks.
I think lane departure is a separate option.....

I have those graphics; as well as ACC; in my instrument cluster too and I have neither option.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lane Departure

So from what I have read, the lane departure uses the camera mounted on the windscreen that you get with either or the lane departure and speed limit options. In addition you need the buttons on the dash and the vibration motor in the steering wheel. After that it is just a matter of coding.

I have the speed limit option so am considering retro fitting lane departure.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627079

·
Registered
726 Posts

The activation button should be directly below the headlight switch. There is a black strip with a number of buttons / blanks depending on the car options.
If you have it, you should have the switch to turn off the annoying orange dash lines. Also, it is only activated above 35 or 45 mph/55 or 70 km depending on country. Once activated, small arrows appear to the side of the lines once the camera can read the road markings.
It is one of those options that's nice to have but I could certainly do without. I find it is best as a reminder to always turn on my turn signal (to avoid the steering wheel rumble) when changing lanes.
It is not infallible and may rumble at odd times when road markings disappear or construction markings conflict with normal markings resulting in a short hand massage from the wheel.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Yeah - it doesn't require coding.
There are 4 or 5 buttons in line to the left / down of the steering wheel (may be less or none depending of your options. One of those buttons is on/off lane departure warning.

I find it great. Reminds me when I start to drift.
They say it's most useful as a safety feature - if you're dozing or falling asleep and the car starts moving across lanes the vibration will wake you up.
Some people find it annoying - I guess it reminds them how bad they are at staying in lane :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.