BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Natural Born Beamer
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys hope someone can help me - a week ago i had a whistling coming from the valve cover - I changed out the valve cover gaskets

11127582245 - N52 valve cover gasket set
11127552280 - N52 eccentric shaft sensor seal
11127559699 - N52 Valvetronic gasket

whistle went away - couple of day I saw smoke popped hood saw oil coming from cap that covers the orange diaphragm- saw this post

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825981

so I changed out diaphragm cap- problem fix no more leak - then smoke again popped hood now leak coming from oil filler cap - saw that there was a up graded cap for the N52 so I bought it but no luck still leaking & when driving long time i open up cap a large pocket of air burst out -

I don't have dip stick Thought maybe computer might be reading oil level wrong I might have to much oil so i drained out oil & applied 6 quarts of full systematic 5w30- but still leak & large pocket of air burst out- its like its reverse in stead of vacuum it pushing air flow

07 X3M 3.0si

Attachments

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
slight vacuum at oil filler cap

>when finished with the repairs double check you have just a slight vacuum at the oil filler cap....put your palm over the hole .....it should just barely suck .....BUT ....there is a fault if it sucks big time or blows positive pressure

>did your diaphragm setup use a spring ????? ....if so ...is the spring mounted OK ?????

>some valve covers have return ports for the oil to drain back from the CCV setup ....are yours plugged ?????

·
Natural Born Beamer
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks bro for reply
yes the had a spring we did attached it back - but yea the problem with the burst out of the filler cap did happen right after the replacement of diaphragm cap may be something went wrong -

ive been researching this it looks like blowby when in stead of vacuum there air flow

have you heard certech gels-

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
retrace you job steps

>couldn't understand your wording about certech gels- .....but ....best go back a few steps and double check your diaphragm/installation job....also the spring orientation .....also ....is it the correct diaphragm ?????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.