BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last 2006 X5 production?

Does anyone know? My dealer is telling me July is the last month. We were set up on late August for Performance Center Delivery because it was supposed to be built the week of 8-14-18. Hard for me to change the late August date now and there's no way I want it to be sitting there outside for a month.

By chance does anyone know how they are stored at the Performance Center, such as a covered area or uncovered parking lot?:dunno:

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
July is probably the last month for ordering. I would imagine they would have production through all of August (could even go into September depending on when they will release it's replacement).

The Performance Center (PC) doesn't get your vehicle until about a week before your delivery. The vehicle (if finished earlier) will stay at BMW's vehicle distribution center until it is assigned a truck to be delivered to the PC (or your dealer if you are not taking delivery there). To my knowledge there is no covered parking at the distribution center or the PC. All BMW's, no mater where they are produced are stored outside until the are put on a truck, train, or boat for delivery.

Hope this info helps answer some of your questions. Enjoy your new X5 and the PC Delivery. You will definetely have a great time there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the help. My dealer is saying July for the last PRODUCED, just doesn't sound right at all!

How far away is the distribution center from the PC? I'm sure it's not far.

Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
The distribution center is located in the plant across the street from the PC. There is indeed covered areas of the plant for parking but not all cars end up under the canopy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, just got an email from Danielle at the PC, she said they are covered at the factory but not at the PC.

Now to figure out about changing plans and leaving earlier.;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.