BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Outside looking in
6,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when the orders for the "old" :)eek:) E-ninety series sedans and coupes stop and the switch to the F30 starts? I know the E91 has been discussed, but I am not clear on the coupes/sedans and verts.

I have a buddy interested in getting a new "old" series and is trying to time the purchase.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm curious about this as well. Hopefully there will still be some time for ordering e90 after the new model is officially introduced (which i thought i remember hearing was in September at Geneva...but I could be wrong). I would like the opportunity to run out and order new-old model if the F30 looks hideous.

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
As the coupe and vert are produced at a different facility than the sedans it seems logical that they will have a much different end of production date. If your buddy can hold out till July 1, I might be able to squeeze the final production date out of the folks at Regensburg when we do our tour.

·
Registered
10,697 Posts
I asked this in another thread a while ago, and a dealer responded that the e90 will have an extra long 2011 MY with production ending in December. Makse sense since I think the first e90s started trickling into the US in the spring of 05 (so 7 years later would put us in the spring of 2012) The e92/93 will have one more model year (2012) which will probably start in September. It makes sense since they came out a year after the sedan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
May 2011 Production end for E92?

Hi folks,

I just stopped by at the dealer In Bridgeport CT to see what they have in stock and he shocked me by saying BMW stopped taking orders for ED on E92 (coupe). He says that production ends this May and the F32 and the convertible are coming out this summer meaning 2011!

I was shocked, but he insisted that the E90 will still be in production till the end of the year, but the E92 stops early.

Anyone can confirm this? This makes me sad as I really wanted to place an ED order for E92 after October delivery.

Any dealers here to confirm? Something inside me tells me, this is wrong!

Thanks.

·
Iwanna330Cic
937 Posts
Hi folks,

I just stopped by at the dealer In Bridgeport CT to see what they have in stock and he shocked me by saying BMW stopped taking orders for ED on E92 (coupe). He says that production ends this May and the F32 and the convertible are coming out this summer meaning 2011!

I was shocked, but he insisted that the E90 will still be in production till the end of the year, but the E92 stops early.

Anyone can confirm this? This makes me sad as I really wanted to place an ED order for E92 after October delivery.

Thanks.
Interesting set of "announcements". Methinks the real plan from BMW is yet to be announced. But I will add to the rumor mill by saying a local dealer here said to get any e90 series orders in by mid April as production on all of these models ends in June; and the F series will be available this fall. I dunno. That's what I heard... but my 2011 e91 is being delivered to PCD as I type! :dunno:

Doug

·
N54
3,427 Posts
Hi folks,

Thanks.
This makes no sense. The f32 will not start suddenly appearing in worldwide showrooms, without debuting at a major auto show like Geneva or Frankfurt first. The idea that the E90 will continue production for a year beyond the E92 is just the icing on this ludicrous cake. If anything, it is the other way around: the e92 may be produced for another year overlapping the first year of the f30 (like my2006 e46 coupes).

·
Flying monkey herder
8,215 Posts
Hi folks,

Thanks.
me thinks you found a dealer trying to steer you to buy whats in stock....

·
Been there, Done that.
5,152 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, if nobody can confirm this, the guy must have been full of it. I will be contacting other dealers to see what they have to say and if they know anything about ED, because this dealer's sales have no clue...

This gives me hope of getting exactly what I want.

Thanks

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
20,102 Posts
Hi folks,

Thanks.
Well, if nobody can confirm this, the guy must have been full of it. I will be contacting other dealers to see what they have to say and if they know anything about ED, because this dealer's sales have no clue...

This gives me hope of getting exactly what I want.

Thanks
Bingo!!! The guy was either full of it and dumping it on you (aka, straight out lying) or he was high on crack. In either case, he's not a CA with whom I would do business.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.