BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The weather today fit the saying in London: ,,Don´t like the weather? Wait 5 minutes``. It changed constantly, ranging from cloudy and 16° to warm, sunny and 22°.

After breakfast at Café Prückel came a visit to the Zentralfriedhof (cemetery).

After that, I decided to go to the Alte Donau (old Danube) where our summer house was (has been out of the family now for over 10 years) and see what´s going on there (the new owners need to keep things a bit more tidy). Then back into the city center, visited the Secession briefly, enjoying a Mélange at the Theater Café across the street, and that was the day.

Fotos 1-3, Zentralfriedhof, 4-5, Alte Donau

Attachments

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Cool - sounds like you are enjoying. Where to next? when do u get back?

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
am_ver said:
Cool - sounds like you are enjoying. Where to next? when do u get back?
Being a tour guide is hard work but ja, I am having fun.

Monday, back to New York.

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
Jspira, So glad to hear that you are still enjoying your trips. When you get tired of all that traveling, just let me know so that I may fill in for you. :D Was your old summer home situated on that beautiful lake you have pictured? Here's to a continued good time! :beerchug:

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mdsbuc said:
Jspira, So glad to hear that you are still enjoying your trips. When you get tired of all that traveling, just let me know so that I may fill in for you. :D
Hmmm, where´s that application form again :D

mdsbuc said:
Was your old summer home situated on that beautiful lake you have pictured?
Ja, the lake pictured is the Alte Donau (Old Danube), specifically the Untere (lower) Alte Donau. No houses are on the Alte Donau, but ours was right off the promenade/walkway that goes along the shoreline.

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
Jspira said:
Ja, the lake pictured is the Alte Donau (Old Danube), specifically the Untere (lower) Alte Donau. No houses are on the Alte Donau, but ours was right off the promenade/walkway that goes along the shoreline.
Oh, the Danube! Very, very nice. :thumbup:

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mdsbuc said:
Oh, the Danube! Very, very nice. :thumbup:
Indeed. But just to be clear, this is the OLD Danube, which is a lake or tributary, not the river.

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
Jspira said:
Indeed. But just to be clear, this is the OLD Danube, which is a lake or tributary, not the river.
Got ya. Still very nice from the pic. :thumbup:

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mdsbuc said:
Got ya. Still very nice from the pic. :thumbup:
Danke... the Old Danube is actually much nicer than looking than the Danube. It is great for swimming, boating, etc. whereas the Danube is really more commercial and not for recreation.

·
Happily Driving
7,201 Posts
Thanks for letting us live vicariously through you yet again! :) One of these days I'll take my own vacation.... :eek:

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
woody underwood said:
Why didn't you fit the F1 race into your schedule...you were so close?
Other than the fact that there were no hotel rooms, it also didn´t fit into my schedule in terms of which city I needed to be in when (i.e. Vienna at END of trip for drop-off). I did beat the Mercedes McLaren team INTO Budapest as those trucks didn´t go past 80 km/h.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts