BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

When was the last time you used your car key in the door lock?

• In the last week

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • In the last month

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • In the last year

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • What door lock?

Votes: 47 51.6%
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When was the last time you inserted your car key in the door lock?

I think today was the first time I used it in almost 5 months.

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
That's tantamount to asking me 'when was the last time I changed my TV channel by hand'. And my answer would be "You mean this feature really exists?":dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

·
Brilliant!
9,932 Posts
alee said:
When was the last time you inserted your car key in the door lock?

I think today was the first time I used it in almost 5 months.
What is never? Mr. Trebek :)

A better question would be: Who has used the key under the chin trick and how often do you show your friends because you think it's funny? :D

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: Last time you used your car key in the door lock?

Mike 325xi said:
A better question would be: Who has used the key under the chin trick and how often do you show your friends because you think it's funny? :D
All fun and games until you're out of brain cells. :D :thumb:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Used it yesterday to close the moon roof after I had gotten out of the car:)

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
IndyMike said:
That's tantamount to asking me 'when was the last time I changed my TV channel by hand'. And my answer would be "You mean this feature really exists?":dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Did you watch "My Wife and Kids" last night? :lmao:

·
Brilliant!
9,932 Posts

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Last time you used your car key in the door lock?

alee said:

All fun and games until you're out of brain cells. :D :thumb:
I think its already too late for some of you ....oops I mean us:D

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Honestly, ever since I got my first C5 back in 98. Actually, that car had a nice feature (passive keyless entry?). It would lock as I walked away (with the remote in my hands of course), and unlock as I approached the car. My previous 01 Corvette didn't have that...

I wonder why GM got rid of it... Although I didn't use to "trust" that mechanism, it worked perfectly until the day I traded it in...

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
ALEX325i said:
Honestly, ever since I got my first C5 back in 98. Actually, that car had a nice feature (passive keyless entry?). It would lock as I walked away (with the remote in my hands of course), and unlock as I approached the car. My previous 01 Corvette didn't have that...

I wonder why GM got rid of it... Although I didn't use to "trust" that mechanism, it worked perfectly until the day I traded it in...
I never knew C5s had that feature. The E65 has it in Europe. It actually starts the car too :yikes:

GM needs to apply thier knowledge of making good cars, i.e. Corvette, to the rest of the line :tsk:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
nate328Ci said:

I never knew C5s had that feature. The E65 has it in Europe. It actually starts the car too :yikes:

GM needs to apply thier knowledge of making good cars, i.e. Corvette, to the rest of the line :tsk:
Well, it's like I said, my old 98 had that. The 01 didn't...

They do say there's a little bit of Corvette in every Chevy... :p

Question: happy with the reply? :tsk: :p

·
superwagon pilot
'17 991.2C, '19 e450 wagon, 11 135iC, 09 x3
1,409 Posts
Me too. I got to my soccer game, got out saw the sunroof was still open and used the key to close it. That's about all I ever do with the key in the lock though, never just to lock/unlock the car.

PM 325xiT said:
Used it yesterday to close the moon roof after I had gotten out of the car:)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.