BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have read my posts, you know that I planned everything late. After a short panic period, it is clear that I'll end up with a job or sent home with a fat package. So life goes on, ED is more important than things that I can't control :D

First of all, Thank you for those gave pointers for my planning. Hammerwerfer, Desiboy, bimmernupe and many others.

With 3 weeks to go, I started booking flights and hotels last week. The last reservation was made last night. Please don't be too harsh on me or my plan. It is difficult to make the other half happy and totally wipe out the original plan. :)

May 15
- Fly out to Munich
- Hurts, :cry: Luf asks $1300 for two round trip tickets from JFK with no direct departing flights

May 16
- Pickup at the Welt
- Finish paperworks at Harms
- Depends how much time at the Welt, take a short trip to Neuschwanstein or take the "Romantic roads" to build up more mileage
- Priceline'd Renaissance Munich $82 a night

May 17
- Drive to Adenau (North to the Ring)
- Visit the area and local attractions for my wife. Hopefully there's not much to see because I want to go to the Ring for one slow lap before the section close :D

May 18
- Lap the Ring again in the morning
- Look for Sabine to take photo with her. Just kidding :rofl:
- No Ring taxi. Wife swears she won't sit on it "no matter what" :rolleyes:
It would be too much for paying the whole thing for myself.
- Head South to Interlaken

May 19
- train ride to Jungfraujoch, Ice palace, Glacier.
- Wife will kill me for missing this. It has to be perfect so she'll vote for future ED trips :thumbup:

May 20
- check out other towns in the area
- thinking about this
http://www.alpinraft.ch/sites/eng/activities/tandem_hanggliding.html

May 21
- Back to Munich
Make up for the castle if we missed it on the first day
- Priceline'd Courtyard Marriott City Center.
Hotel gets much more expensive starting this week
- Drop off

May 22
- Fly back
- Call Dealer to schedule PCD

May 24
- Go Autocross with ZHP :bigpimp:

·
Burnt Orange and Blue
180 Posts
With 3 weeks to go, I started booking flights and hotels last week. The last reservation was made last night. Please don't be too harsh on me or my plan. It is difficult to make the other half happy and totally wipe out the original plan. :)

May 15
- Fly out to Munich
- Hurts, :cry: Luf asks $1300 for two round trip tickets from JFK with no direct departing flights

May 16
- Pickup at the Welt
- Finish paperworks at Harms
- Depends how much time at the Welt, take a short trip to Neuschwanstein or take the "Romantic roads" to build up more mileage
- Priceline'd Renaissance Munich $82 a night
Billyk,

When did you get PL to accept $82 for North 4* (to get Renaissance Munich)? I have been trying $85-89 for the few days before you are there, for sometime now without success. I think Calif85gm also got a similar deal? Anything special that you did to get your bid accepted?

Thanks,
abmwc

·
UR MOTHER IS AN ASTRONAUT
1,007 Posts
Glad you finally got it all squared away. Have a great time.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I gave up on priceline, damn thing rejected me over 20 times.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the late reply.

I got the Renaissance on PL on 4/19 for $82

Last Saturday I couldn't get any 4 star on City North and South with up to $110 for staying in May 20-22. My wife was upset. She just went for for City South and North 3-stars. Somehow we ended up with Courtyard Munich City Center for $100. The final total is $242 with tax and free for two nights.

I'm not sure $100 is the low, but looking at hotels.com and priceline quotes of ~$260 a night. It is OK for me. At least I'm done with the planning.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey BillyK,

I am also doing ED on May 16th. We are scheduled for 11:30 AM. You may feel better after knowing that there is someone who's late than you are. Well, I got my tickets done a few weeks ago. Got a deal of $1200 round trip from Washington, DC for two with 1 stop each way.

I haven't gotten the hotels done yet...since i was waiting for my visa approval to come through. I got a confirmation yesterday that I can pick up my visa on this Friday. So now I'll start booking my hotels. I will try priceline..but seems like you got a great deal. Good luck to you on your trip...we may cross path at the Welt, if you are scheduled sometime close to our delivery time.

Take care
Vishal

·
Registered
80 Posts
If it makes you feel any better we are both flying out the same day and I just booked my flight a few days ago. I also only have the first 3 nights out of 3 weeks booked for lodging. We are mostly doing hostels though since we are gonna travel on the cheap.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Even my pickup time is earlier than yours :p 10:50am.
Mine is a white coupe with red seats. Come get me at the Welt if you need a human tripod. :)

Burning relatively high price gas and Euro is no fun. My trip is shortened to a week. Good luck for digging. There are

www.booking.com
www.hotels.com
Tripadvisor is OK

William

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey William,

Great to know that your delivery time is before ours...We plan to get their early too to do the welt tour and other stuff..Hopefully, we'll get to meet other bimmerfesters like yourself!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts