BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Brevity= the soul of wit
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up a pressure washer for concrete and other house projects but it came with a cool little attachment. A "soapy soaker" or some such other. Mix some soap- this pic was actually about an ounce of Zaino in 16oz of water. The pressure washer came with plastic bottles and water bottle holders that look like they're for a bike. You put the mixture in the bottles along with a line that screws onto the threaded bottles. Voila! A ton of nice, soapy water to glide your mitt across.

After a while of getting used to it, this will take time off the detail regimen.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
great tool to have I have one that I use for detailing...its great on the wheel wells to get all the crap out...

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I see pictures like this, but wonder, how do you clean the whole car carefully (i.e. washing out your mitt, etc.) before the soapy water dries on?
I agree that I think the same at times....I only wash one part of the car at a time and then keep wetting that area down to keep it from drying...I mainly use the PW on the wells and undercarriage

·
Brevity= the soul of wit
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see pictures like this, but wonder, how do you clean the whole car carefully (i.e. washing out your mitt, etc.) before the soapy water dries on?
This was a bad example as it was the first time we'd actually powered the thing on. I usually wash at first light or dusk. The soap did dry, but hitting it again and wiping one section at a time worked well.

Today, we used the pressure washer on the sidewalks and front retaining walls- its original intent. I'm beat.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Today, we used the pressure washer on the sidewalks and front retaining walls- its original intent. I'm beat.
I hear ya. I PW'd my house a few years ago, it was quite a chore. Although today I cut down 5 dead trees (thanks a lot dry summer of '07) and trimmed my others, so I agree with being beat!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts