Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tried to launch the car three times on different days to no avail. The first day I had forgotten to put the car all the way up in Sport+ mode, second day I didn't fully hit the brakes, on the third day I didn't floor it past the acceleration clicking point but brakes were fully depressed and car was starting to make grinding noises to I gave up.

Car had been driven for almost 10 miles but outside temperature was close to freezing, launch was attempted on level ground also, premium gas as always.

I'm starting to think that maybe having the MPPK or M performance brakes disabled the launch control feature, or maybe the non-M cars don't support launch control... or maybe mine is broken?

Can someone who has launched his/hers 435i give me any tips? (sing a song, voodoo ritual?)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have you remembed to put the gearstick to the left, in DS mode??
I do it like this:
1 Sport+ mode
2 gearstick in DS mode(to left)
3 Brake fully down
4 Floor it all the way down.
Then the checked flag sign comes up, you now have 3 sec to let the brake off, Enjoy!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you remembed to put the gearstick to the left, in DS mode??
I do it like this:
1 Sport+ mode
2 gearstick in DS mode(to left)
3 Brake fully down
4 Floor it all the way down.
Then the checked flag sign comes up, you now have 3 sec to let the brake off, Enjoy!!
I have, the only thing missing last time was that I didn't fully press the accel pedal because the car started to make grinding noises.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You need th drive for at least 30 mins. If the temp is close to zero I don't think it will work
I had driven the car for about 30 minutes, didn't know outside temperature could be a factor. I guess I'll try again in summer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It’s not the air temperature. It’s the engine temperature. BMW disables Lauch Control until the engine reaches normal operating temperature of 120*C. Also, the engine should have at least 5.000 KM’s on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

1 - 6 of 6 Posts