BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a used 5 series with xdrive, but my first option with sport seats is sold, and now I am looking for another one. I saw a car which has all the bells and whistles, even LED headlights, but only standard seats.
I am coming from an E90 with sport seats which were great for my needs, and I don't know if the standard seats in F10 LCI do have an adjustable angle for the whole seat, or maybe just the leg rest (the red part)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Yes, the back rest is adjustable in the standard seats.
The multi-contour seats additionally allow the upper half of the seat back to be adjusted, as well as an adjustable thigh support and adjustable lateral support.
One way to check out differences in options is to look at the wonders manual for the year you're looking at.
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Owner/dgh.aspx

·
Registered
378 Posts
I am looking to buy a used 5 series with xdrive, but my first option with sport seats is sold, and now I am looking for another one. I saw a car which has all the bells and whistles, even LED headlights, but only standard seats.
I am coming from an E90 with sport seats which were great for my needs, and I don't know if the standard seats in F10 LCI do have an adjustable angle for the whole seat, or maybe just the leg rest (the red part)
I've got an E9X and an F10, and I think you'll be happy with the F10's seats. In particular, I'd recommend a F10 with the multi contour seats. We also bought used and were not looking for multi-contour, but now that I have them, I'll never be without them again. The ability to rake the upper seatback a little more forward (or backward) really helps with shoulder comfort on long rides, you're able to really have the seat hug you all the way up.

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
8,798 Posts
To answer the specific question of the OP, the standard seats, as noted, have recline adjustment of the seatback. For the whole seat itself, it cannot be tilted as a unit, only the bottom cushion is adjusted with the seat tilt control. I'm not sure why most foreign cars use this technique. GM power seats, since the 60's allowed tilt adjustment for the whole seat assembly. I find the bottom cushion tilt to be borderline effective, as it can cause an exaggerated angle relationship with the seat back. That said, I have found the standard seats in both my F10's (2011 and 2014) to be extremely comfortable, and rather easy to find a favored position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts