BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Thinking of replacing my 2008 X5 tail lights with 2011. Anyone did it? How hard is it? Where to buy? Thanx
Dumb question... What's the difference?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Lci

Big difference in looks....I have been thinking about doing the same thing too....can we really justify $700 with programming?...I dont know.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Can someone post pics of the difference? I'm curious to see it myself. I have the LCI tail lights, but guess I didn't notice.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Thanks... Just googled it and checked out the difference. Not worth $700 in my opinion... I'd get new wheels/tires or performance grills first.

·
SMW
86 Posts
I have often been in the same boat, considering doing the LCI upgrade, especially since I have a guy that does my coding, so it would only be like $600. I have seen them for $600 on one of the BMW parts websites, but I can't find it currently, will post it if I can find the link.

I think the big tipping point would be if I were to crack or break an 08 taillight, other then that I am holding off till I get some other mods done.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
How about 3rd Brake? Did that change, if so will you upgrade that as well? I found that my 3rd brake gets a lot more reflection that the tails, I can see if there is a higher vehicle behind me or against the wall. I honestly thought the older tails looked brighter and much more "Full"er. The new ones seem like they just have two LEDs with a strip of glass illuminating. Don't waste $700 on this.

·
Registered
537 Posts
How about 3rd Brake? Did that change, if so will you upgrade that as well? I found that my 3rd brake gets a lot more reflection that the tails, I can see if there is a higher vehicle behind me or against the wall. I honestly thought the older tails looked brighter and much more "Full"er. The new ones seem like they just have two LEDs with a strip of glass illuminating. Don't waste $700 on this.
Didn't change.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The darker overal look of them looks good, especially with darker paints.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Curious, read through comments, so a question, are these plug and play, same connectors for 2011 up that will enable them to be put on 2008 and do they have to be programmed? I have crack in one, and found a great deal on 2011 up replacements. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts