BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Le Mans Blue E90 M-Sport - 2 May trip Report (let's try again)

8K views 41 replies 18 participants last post by  turpiwa 
How to know which options you actually have?

Went past the 1200 miles today. For he most part I have adhered. A couple of 5000 RPM stints at 145 mph but for the most part I have been good. Gave it a few good bootfulls on some of the twisty back roads oN the way here and like what I felt.
'Dandanio', also of this parish, has a sport package which includes the increased speed limiter option (150mph vs. 130mph). Dandanio is reporting that his limiter is still spoiling the fun at 130mph and is speculating that the 150mph option is programmed prior to redelivery. That seems backwards given the driving opportunities US. vs EU.

It seems that you have the full 150mph available to you. Interesting.

Are there any other 'festers with the (M-)Sport packages who've experienced a 130mph limit during ED? Proven 130mph+? Had something change on redelivery (professional driver, closed course, yadda yadda...).

EDIT: Reading a confused series of posts on these forums and (shhh) elsewhere it seems that the limiter may not be 150mph if the tires are not rated. BUT, why would BMW specifically identify a increased speed limiter as a package ingredient and then not fit the appropriate rated tires, and end up not fitting the option so the car is not as advertised? Seems illogical.

That brings me to the bigger question:

On collection at BMW Welt is the car accompanied by a break-down of all the packages, sub-package options, and other options which have been actually built? Something which would indicate that the car has been assembled with, and is intended to have, the options purchased/specified. I could trust a computer-generated print-out from the assembly line, but if I only had a photocopy of my original PO I would want to verify everything myself and frankly crawling under a car to look at suspension components I couldn't recognise the differences in anyway would be pointless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.