BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Crazy Coupe Lady
Joined
·
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW sent me a promo package on the "new BMW Z4 family" complete with a certificate for a 30 month lease of a Z4 for $329/month :eeps: If it applied to the coupe as well, I wouldn't be posting I'd be on my way to the local stealer....but I do miss a roady.....and I only have two cars right now....:cry:
 

·
Crazy Coupe Lady
Joined
·
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
mng said:
well, it *was* for practical reasons - but it was only a temporary affliction
:stupid: In my defense....I have been a practical 2 car owner for TWO months, thank you

plus, I have this whole great justification worked out in my head....don't worry I have no fear I'll be able to use it :tsk:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
MZ.368 said:
BMW sent me a promo package on the "new BMW Z4 family" complete with a certificate for a 30 month lease of a Z4 for $329/month :eeps: If it applied to the coupe as well, I wouldn't be posting I'd be on my way to the local stealer....but I do miss a roady.....and I only have two cars right now....:cry:
I received the same promo, but figured that the lease terms would be horrible. At least that's what I'm telling myself at the moment to keep this idea out of my head. Please email me if you get additional details on this lease.

Thanks,
 

·
Crazy Coupe Lady
Joined
·
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
killeen_john said:
I received the same promo, but figured that the lease terms would be horrible. At least that's what I'm telling myself at the moment to keep this idea out of my head. Please email me if you get additional details on this lease.

Thanks,
will do, I get my raise and bonus later this month so that will be the determining factor. Since I already have a DD and the coupe I don't really care about miles, features etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
I got the same offer. I went another way. I bought a 2006 New Formula Red Honda S2000.
Four cars and counting. Next, a Ducati.
 

·
Crazy Coupe Lady
Joined
·
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MGRMLN said:
I got the same offer. I went another way. I bought a 2006 New Formula Red Honda S2000.
Four cars and counting. Next, a Ducati.
good to know that being a bachelor agrees with you ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,073 Posts
My temptation came last Saturday in the form of an R1200S. 60 minute test ride. There ain't no deals on these though, and BMW wants as much as a Mini Cooper (non-S) for them. Most Ducatis are cheaper!!



That doesn't mean I'm not going to buy one though...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
JonM said:
That doesn't mean I'm not going to buy one though...
It never does deter you does it? I totally understand. I saw those too and they are hot. I really like the K1200R naked bike myself. It was down to that or the Ducati Monster SR1000 but then I saw the Sport Classic 1000 in Yellow...OMG! Beautiful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
MZ.368 said:
This is why I love this board...I am understood here, amongst my own :grouphug:
Absolutely! Sick. All of us. Just sick and incorrigible.
;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,073 Posts
MGRMLN said:
It never does deter you does it? I totally understand. I saw those too and they are hot. I really like the K1200R naked bike myself. It was down to that or the Ducati Monster SR1000 but then I saw the Sport Classic 1000 in Yellow...OMG! Beautiful.
I tested the K1200R and I love it. Styling rocks. Power is like an electric motor. My original plan was to replace my current naked R bike with a naked K bike. Just adding 2 more cylinders and some antifreeze, right? Heh. But I didn't like the idea of getting rid of my current bike. Too painful. So now I am thinking I need 2 bikes. One for sport and my current naked one. I can mod my current bike to do a better job of touring.

See. Justified. :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
JonM said:
I tested the K1200R and I love it. Styling rocks. Power is like an electric motor. My original plan was to replace my current naked R bike with a naked K bike. Just adding 2 more cylinders and some antifreeze, right? Heh. But I didn't like the idea of getting rid of my current bike. Too painful. So now I am thinking I need 2 bikes. One for sport and my current naked one. I can mod my current bike to do a better job of touring.

See. Justified. :thumbup:
I understand having to have two bikes as much as having to have more than one car.
Makes all the sense in the world to me. ;)

For me, a bike will be a toy to ride around on weekends with and design plays a huge influence on anything I buy. I'm just old enough to remember the impact that the 70's cafe racer motorcycles had on me so I guess that style really hits home with me. When I saw the Ducati Sport 1000, I gasped. Since I really don't want to have anyone ride on the back, the single seat throwback look appears to be my next big splurge.

Minsoo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
MGRMLN said:
I got the same offer. I went another way. I bought a 2006 New Formula Red Honda S2000.
Four cars and counting. Next, a Ducati.
Why don't you bring that Coupe to Road Atlanta for a DE in October? :dunno: You and Florian should take the plunge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
corgicoupe said:
Why don't you bring that Coupe to Road Atlanta for a DE in October? :dunno: You and Florian should take the plunge.
Nah. I don't track the coupe. I autox it.
I don't want to track a car I couldn't get another one of should something bad happen.

Minsoo
 

·
Crazy Coupe Lady
Joined
·
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MGRMLN said:
Nah. I don't track the coupe. I autox it.
I don't want to track a car I couldn't get another one of should something bad happen.

Minsoo
Do I hear justification of another car? :angel:
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top