BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went to start my car this morning and noticed a small wet stain on the drivers side of my car right behind the bumper almost..i backed the car up and notice it was still dripping. i then touched it it seemed watery just wondering if anyone knows what it might be or what i should be looking for when i jack the car up?

·
Master of the Universe
1,348 Posts
so i went to start my car this morning and noticed a small wet stain on the drivers side of my car right behind the bumper almost..i backed the car up and notice it was still dripping. i then touched it it seemed watery just wondering if anyone knows what it might be or what i should be looking for when i jack the car up?
Is it coming from your exhaust pipe? If so - it's normal.

·
Master of the Universe
1,348 Posts
Is it coming from your exhaust pipe? If so - it's normal.

A/C drips water as well - you didn't mention front or back bumper.

I don't know where our water pump is located...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no its the front of the car driver side underneath where the 2 plastic guards (side & bottom) join together by the wheelwell..looks like its thin like water kind of but it hasnt rained and leaks whether the car is on or off

·
Registered
151 Posts
no its the front of the car driver side underneath where the 2 plastic guards (side & bottom) join together by the wheelwell..looks like its thin like water kind of but it hasnt rained and leaks whether the car is on or off
so its clear like water also?? does ur AC come on at startup? or maybe antifreeze?? is it slippery when u rub it with your fingers?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a lil slippery kinda im thinking antifreeze or windshield washer fluid but i really cant tell? is there antifreeze lines there or the waterpump and i doubt ac related since it happens while car is off and on

·
Registered
151 Posts
a lil slippery kinda im thinking antifreeze or windshield washer fluid but i really cant tell? is there antifreeze lines there or the waterpump and i doubt ac related since it happens while car is off and on
yeah if its slippery its def not windshield fluid, my guess is antifreeze. you should check the lower radiator hose and sensor for residue. Then check the waterpump for residue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just went back out and touched it doesnt seem slippery but more like water but it has a smell that reminds me of peach scent car air freshener is there and thing windshield washer related on that the driver side front

1 - 10 of 10 Posts