Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
E70-X5-35D: Engine M57

Hello everyone, I thought I was done with the oil leak by the flywheel that was caused by a swivel flap by injector 6 (@Sunny/@Doug thanks for your help on the other thread). Now I see an oil leak by the turbocharger. it looks fresh looking like oil. could be gunk from the seals as well.

Any pointer or guidance on how to start looking into it? Thanks!

·
bmw addiction
7,147 Posts
I would clean everything up and see where it comes from. It can be the oring that connects the air pipe to the turbo, , CCV hose, charged air pipe and or gasket. Or the oil lines or drain lines

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would clean everything up and see where it comes from. It can be the oring that connects the air pipe to the turbo, , CCV hose, charged air pipe and or gasket. Or the oil lines or drain lines
k, thx! do you know any DIY to get to the Turbo to clean around it, I am looking at the newtis but not sure if it has everything.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,455 Posts
I am looking at the newtis but not sure if it has everything.
NewTIS does not have everything and is not intended to have everything. In each and every case a technical writer was paid to produce the procedures.

In every case there must be a clear and precise objective before the work is packaged.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
maybe some degreaser might help. it's a slow process and doesn't rush it because that's when things break.
you are right I was very frustrated with the vacuum hoses that seem to be glued in. in the process of carefully trying to take them off, i snapped one of the Boost Solenoid Valve connectors. is there a way that I can buy the connectors only?

Here is some of the images I took, can you tell me your thoughts?

Attachments

·
Nuclear engineer
17,455 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you post a realoem link/diagram with the broken part?
@Sunny and @Doug honestly I truly appreciate your help on this. every time I felt like I was over my head I thought of you guys and I kept on going. God willing things will work out.

most of the Vacum lines are toast. to reinstall, do you clue them in? if felt like they were glued for some reason.

broken connectors:
part #: 11658509323
The top connector to the oxygen sensor connector the one that provides power and circuitry to it: 13627801158

Any thoughts on the oil residue; do I need to continue the path of removing the turbocharger?

Attachments

·
Nuclear engineer
17,455 Posts
No, they should not be glued. They are vacuum lines which atmospheric pressure should clamp tighter in use.

They are both plastics which plasticizers are volatile and the plastic probably diffuses under elevated temperature. ***8216;I***8217; might think a bit on an anti-seize lubricant on reassembly to make reassembly easier. But how often do you expect to work in the area, to pull the hose off again?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, they should not be glued. They are vacuum lines which atmospheric pressure should clamp tighter in use.

They are both plastics which plasticizers are volatile and the plastic probably diffuses under elevated temperature. 'I' might think a bit on an anti-seize lubricant on reassembly to make reassembly easier. But how often do you expect to work in the area, to pull the hose off again?
Thanks! is there a connector replacement for the oxygen sensor plug?

·
Nuclear engineer
17,455 Posts

·
Registered
2012 X5 M57
16 Posts
Just doing some searching for help with Boost leak testing and felt this video would help address getting vacuum lines off for the OP. Too late for the OP but anyone who stumbles across this thread will appreciate this info

1 - 14 of 14 Posts