BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
aioros
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my '03 530i has been throwing these lean and rich codes. I have a carsoft obdii reader. The generic side of the scanner says codes p1092 and p1093 bank 1. But the BMW section of the scanner points out to both upstream O2 sensors and engine coolant temperature sensor not sending signal. Here are some pictures I took today, 10/25/2021 after clearing the codes a night before, 30mile drive to work, car in park, idling.

EDIT: 10/30/2021 top hose of the ccv was disconnected from the air distributor manifold at the port closest to the firewall.

Rectangle Font Gadget Electric blue Technology
Rectangle Azure Gadget Font Electric blue
Rectangle Font Gadget Display device Electric blue
Rectangle Font Gadget Electric blue Technology
Rectangle Azure Gadget Font Electric blue
Rectangle Font Gadget Display device Electric blue

·
Wingnut
4,413 Posts
what are your short term and long trim fuel mixtures reading? a defective temp sensor can cause the DME to keep the engine operating as if its a cold engine, richening the mixture.

·
aioros
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a 1min video with short term fuel trim and long term fuel trim, driving on the freeway at 65mph to 70mph. Also, the last 2 "service engine soon" light has thrown codes p1091 and p1092, pre-cat O2 sensor failure.

·
aioros
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found the culprit, i hope. The top hose of the crankcase valve was dettached from the air distributor manifold at the port closest to the firewall. It's still not fully inserted. I couldn't make go in fully. I'm gonna keep an eye on it.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Crankset Tread

Automotive tire Water Bumper Hood Automotive exterior

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

·
Wingnut
4,413 Posts
replace it (as long as the issue is the hose not the nipple on the dist assy) its not that bad of a job. the dist assy isnt bad to replace either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts