BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that sometimes when I turned my AC to MAX it would blow hard but not as hard as I would have thought. Also, the seat cooler button didnt seem to do too much at all.
The answer...make sure that the rear seat climate control settings for the fan are turned off so no air blows out the rear seat compartment. If you turn off the rear AC, the front blows with hurricane force winds and the seat fan cools alot better. I think its a glitch in the software, because with the rear AC turned off, the front blows disproportionate to what the rear AC blows out. The front fans literally blow 5 times harder and twice as cold with the rear AC turned off.
Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
2013 740Li..so maybe this doesnt work on different model/years but try it out anyway. These cars are tricky in that sometimes the settings are the same when you turn the car on, from when you last turned the car off. But sometimes they change. I noticed that my rear AC is sometimes on by default and sometimes its off and sometimes my rear AC even turns itself ON! So now, if no one is in the back, I make sure its off so I can get the full effect of the front AC. Its like artic air coming from the blowers !

·
Registered
279 Posts
Actually I have a 2013 750Li and live in the Tampa area and have no problems. Make sure the button that says "All" is pressed on the main climate control panel, that makes all settings in the car slave off of your climate control settings.... this makes a big difference because in the summer, if you put it on max and someone has setup a little different temp in back, then only max will blow up front, not all the way around.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
2013 740Li..so maybe this doesnt work on different model/years but try it out anyway. These cars are tricky in that sometimes the settings are the same when you turn the car on, from when you last turned the car off. But sometimes they change. I noticed that my rear AC is sometimes on by default and sometimes its off and sometimes my rear AC even turns itself ON! So now, if no one is in the back, I make sure its off so I can get the full effect of the front AC. Its like artic air coming from the blowers !
I've noticed this as well, the wife and I think the back turns on automatically when we have it set to "auto" and it's trying to get the car to the proper temp...

·
Registered
10 Posts
ac

I figured that out several weeks ago, but the front seat ventilation system still comes out near nothing. I have a 2013 750i , a 2014 650iGC and a 2013 M5. the set ventilation system is near worthless and it isn't even summer yet. palm desert, ca

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.