BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few months ago i decided to get a 335i sedan for ED in early October. I shopped around quite a bit, talked to the forum sponsors, etc. Eventually i decided to go with a local dealership as it was a few hundred cheaper than the sponsors (im doing a lease). I had a funny feeling about it, but figured it couldn't be too bad.

Let me tell you up front, If i could go back and start over I would happily pay the extra few to use a responsive experienced CA, much like Irv and Adrian seem to be. Now given, i have not purchased from them, but they responded to my emails and calls faster than anyone should, and get such positive feedback here that they must be fantastic. At least better than what i currently have ;)

Latest trials and tribulations:

- So my dealership is unaware of the 90-day lock and insists that i cant lock the July rate on a September lease signing. I have told them that they are the ones gambling on this, as i know that i can do it, and if the rate goes up I'm backing out.

- I had to call bmw directly to get my confirmed delivery date, and they were surprised i hadn't gotten it as the CA had had it for weeks by the time i called. Though somehow he claimed he never got it...

- There is nothing i hate more than not getting a call back. Specially when they "promise" to call back in 30mins. I have learned not to let them off the phone and just wait on hold while i work.

Now i don't know if im a particularly difficult customer, but somehow i expected better service... go figure :)

Caveat Emptor

·
Registered
212 Posts
I don't want to make you ED experience any worse than it is. However, I can guarantee that you will not pick your car up on October 3. It is a German holiday (Tag der Deutschen Einheit). BMW ED center will be closed.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up, I need to update my sig. They gave me Oct 2nd instead of Oct 3rd ;)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I need to update my sig. They gave me Oct 2nd instead of Oct 3rd ;)
Everytime I want to have something done right, I have to actually go to the dealership in person, luckily, it's on the way home from work. It the communication is over the phone or email, something usually goes wrong.
BTW, what's that BMW phone number you called?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Customer Relations
1-800-831-1117

European Delivery
1-877-992-6999

BMWFS
1-800-578-5000

·
Registered
210 Posts
Which dealer in NJ ???

·
Bayerische Motoren Werke
1,002 Posts
Sorry man, that sucks. I'm also in NJ and I could have saved a few bucks but went with Adrian for exactly those reasons. And everything went smooth, no regrets here.

List the dealer to warn others. Good luck!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will happily list the dealer once things get sorted out. For now i don't want to jinx things further. PM me if you are considering a dealer in NJ and want to know...

for now i will cross my fingers that nothing else goes wrong :)

·
Freude am Fahren
19,695 Posts
So a few months ago i decided to get a 335i sedan for ED in early October. I shopped around quite a bit, talked to the forum sponsors, etc. Eventually i decided to go with a local dealership as it was a few hundred cheaper than the sponsors (im doing a lease). I had a funny feeling about it, but figured it couldn't be too bad.

Let me tell you up front, If i could go back and start over I would happily pay the extra few to use a responsive experienced CA, much like Irv and Adrian seem to be. Now given, i have not purchased from them, but they responded to my emails and calls faster than anyone should, and get such positive feedback here that they must be fantastic. At least better than what i currently have ;)

Latest trials and tribulations:

- So my dealership is unaware of the 90-day lock and insists that i cant lock the July rate on a September lease signing. I have told them that they are the ones gambling on this, as i know that i can do it, and if the rate goes up I'm backing out.

- I had to call bmw directly to get my confirmed delivery date, and they were surprised i hadn't gotten it as the CA had had it for weeks by the time i called. Though somehow he claimed he never got it...

- There is nothing i hate more than not getting a call back. Specially when they "promise" to call back in 30mins. I have learned not to let them off the phone and just wait on hold while i work.

Now i don't know if im a particularly difficult customer, but somehow i expected better service... go figure :)

Caveat Emptor
You are right to expect better service. To better serve the purpose of your post, perhaps you could post some of the earlier trials and tribulations and also (if you know) why you had a bad feeling in the first place.

The sponsors here at Bimmerfest are very responsive and there is a board sponsor in your neck of the woods (NJ), Ricki at DiFeo, for anyone in the northeast who wants someone who knows what she is doing in European Delivery.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
You are right to expect better service. To better serve the purpose of your post, perhaps you could post some of the earlier trials and tribulations and also (if you know) why you had a bad feeling in the first place.

The sponsors here at Bimmerfest are very responsive and there is a board sponsor in your neck of the woods (NJ), Ricki at DiFeo, for anyone in the northeast who wants someone who knows what she is doing in European Delivery.
+1 I know that the OP did not use DiFeo, whom I would also recommend highly. Did not have any of the problems described. Very responsive, and smooth transaction.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts