BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into my first BMW (328i Sedan). Went to a dealership already and the price seems high, but hopefully you guys can tell me if its high or not.

-Premium package
-Luxury package
-Lights package
-Tech package

$579/month + $5k down. I thought this was ridiculous... I really don't care about the premium package except for the moonroof. Can I do the moonroof without the premium package? ON BMWConfig.com it says yes, but the dealer says no. Also, the dealer said in order to get the luxury package I HAVE TO get the premium package. Is this BS?

I'm looking to get to around $400 /month and no more than $5k down. Is this possible for:

-moonroof
-lights package
-luxury package
-(I can live without tech package, but obviously would like it if increase in cost was minimal).

THANKS.

· Registered
3,283 Posts
what dealer did you go to? thats to much money.

i dont think you will find a car like that on a dealer lot.

i was just at pines bmw yesterday, they had a ton of 328's there.

· Swedish Murder Machine
8,671 Posts
Please please please read the dozens of price threads already out there and then, after you've educated yourself about leasing then ask your remaining questions here or in the ask a dealer forum at this site.

The fact that you don't understand that we can't tell you squat without;

1. MSRP of the vehicle
2. Negotiated price of the vehicle
3. Money factor.
4. Number of miles per year in the lease (a.k.a residual)

Tells me that you know nearly nothing about leasing. There are dozens of threads already like yours so do a little reading before asking your questions.

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I was at Braman. I'm probably going to go to check out Vista later.

I wonder what is a reasonable payment for the more loaded version I detailed above and what is reasonable for the more stripped down version I stated above...? Thanks.

The lease terms were:

36,000 months
12k miles
MF= wouldn't give me without running my credit

MSRP for the more loaded car they were giving me was $49k, but I saw basically the same for $46k-$47k.

· Swedish Murder Machine
8,671 Posts
1. Go to www.bmwconfig.com - configure both the stripped down car and the one they were offering.
2. Use the "payment calculator" to see what the payments would be, depending on price paid for the vehicle, money factor, residual (60% for 12K miles), etc.
3. Do a search of "good deal" on this forum, read the other 100 threads asking the same thing yours is, and educate yourself more about leases.

In general you don't want to put ANY money down on a lease, with the exception being making extra monthly security deposits to lower the money factor.

To answer your original question is, no, it's not a good deal.

· Registered
3,283 Posts

I wonder what is a reasonable payment for the more loaded version I detailed above and what is reasonable for the more stripped down version I stated above...? Thanks.

The lease terms were:

36,000 months
12k miles

MSRP for the more loaded car they were giving me was $49k, but I saw basically the same for $46k-$47k.
go to pines

· I saw the light!
672 Posts

The lease terms were:

36,000 months
12k miles

Yep, I went to Braman and although they were nice, they couldn't get close to a decent deal.

· Registered
91 Posts
I am getting mine for $540 a month for 36 month. I am going to place the order on Oct, that way I am able to get the holiday discount when the car comes in at Dec 2012.

MSRP: $50,150
Sales price: $46,500
10k per year
4400 down

· Swedish Murder Machine
8,671 Posts
Never ever put money down on a lease! Money down on a lease is "cap cost reduction" and you will lose it if something happens to the vehicle (such as stolen or totaled in a wreck). Instead, take that money, make additional monthly security deposits and buy down the interest rate (money factor), and you will get that money back at the end of the lease, which means that you will enjoy a similar reduction in monthly payment and you will get your money back at the end.

· Registered
91 Posts
Never ever put money down on a lease! Money down on a lease is "cap cost reduction" and you will lose it if something happens to the vehicle (such as stolen or totaled in a wreck). Instead, take that money, make additional monthly security deposits and buy down the interest rate (money factor), and you will get that money back at the end of the lease, which means that you will enjoy a similar reduction in monthly payment and you will get your money back at the end.
Dealer told me they don't wanna do it that way, and plus my wife wanna buy the car off after 3 years lease if it works with no issues.

· Swedish Murder Machine
8,671 Posts
Dealer told me they don't wanna do it that way, and plus my wife wanna buy the car off after 3 years lease if it works with no issues.
You are letting the dealer do it how THEY want to do it? :slap: . Additional security deposits are an option offered directly by BMW Finance, the dealer doesn't get a say in it.

Buying the car out at 3 yrs isn't going to help you if someone rear ends you, totals your car and you are out your 'down payment'.

· Registered
3,283 Posts
I'm looking into my first BMW (328i Sedan). Went to a dealership already and the price seems high, but hopefully you guys can tell me if its high or not.

-Premium package
-Luxury package
-Lights package
-Tech package

$579/month + $5k down. I thought this was ridiculous... I really don't care about the premium package except for the moonroof. Can I do the moonroof without the premium package? ON BMWConfig.com it says yes, but the dealer says no. Also, the dealer said in order to get the luxury package I HAVE TO get the premium package. Is this BS?

I'm looking to get to around $400 /month and no more than $5k down. Is this possible for:

-moonroof
-lights package
-luxury package
-(I can live without tech package, but obviously would like it if increase in cost was minimal).

THANKS.
dont let braman jerk you around, go to pines.

· Registered
91 Posts
You are letting the dealer do it how THEY want to do it? :slap: . Additional security deposits are an option offered directly by BMW Finance, the dealer doesn't get a say in it.

Buying the car out at 3 yrs isn't going to help you if someone rear ends you, totals your car and you are out your 'down payment'.
What should I do? just pay the drive off fee?? and put the rest of the cash in MSDs??:rolleyes:

· Swedish Murder Machine
8,671 Posts
What should I do? just pay the drive off fee?? and put the rest of the cash in MSDs??:rolleyes:
All you should pay cash for is the lease acquisition fee and the initial security deposit (if required based on your credit).

Yes, any extra cash you use should be used in the form of additional monthly security deposits which lower the interest rate. If you make the max number of additional security deposits you will have a similar "drive off" cost and similar monthly payment you would get with your cap reduction but you will get your MSDs back at the end of the lease.

· Registered
5,413 Posts
Vista and Braman try to stick it to you on prices. Plus, they have an added dealer fee that they spring on you in the end when you're about to pay for the car.

If you're just looking to lease, I would contact an out-of-state BMW dealer like possibly those who are Bimmerfest sponsors to see what they can do for you. You'll save money and then you can take it to Braman or whomever for service afterwards just like you bought it there.

· East Coast Commuter
4,737 Posts
go to pines
Yep, I went to Braman and although they were nice, they couldn't get close to a decent deal.
dont let braman jerk you around, go to pines.
Vista and Braman try to stick it to you on prices. Plus, they have an added dealer fee that they spring on you in the end when you're about to pay for the car.

If you're just looking to lease, I would contact an out-of-state BMW dealer like possibly those who are Bimmerfest sponsors to see what they can do for you. You'll save money and then you can take it to Braman or whomever for service afterwards just like you bought it there.
To OP....I have purchased more cars than I can count from Braman and I will be the first to tell you that, as a new customer, Braman is not the place to go unless you have a referral. I have also purchased from fest sponsors as well as Pines BMW. You can get a good deal. PM me if you want contact info on client advisors who will treat you right and give you a good price at either Braman or Pines.

· Registered
52 Posts
I am picking up my 328i tomorrow and feel I received a good deal (I am happy with it). I always start with finding the invoice price on the car. I put down the 7 maximum MSD to lower the MF, I don't know why everyone doesn't choose to do this. It is a very good return on your money and helps the monthly payment.

Email multiple dealers letting them know exactly what you are looking for. Also ask the dealers to include all lease information (MSRP, sale price of the car, MF, Residual, Acq fee) and tax in the payment. This way you can easily compare all offers.

I was looking to get my payment in the low 400's, and the easiest way I found you could do so is by leasing an off*****er car. Typically these have about 5k miles on them. These cars should be priced below invoice. I was able to get $0.75 per mile below invoice. This put me in the low 400s with nothing down (except first payment, gov fees and acq fee).

In the end I decided to not go with the off*****er car and lease a new car. The loaner wasn't exactly what I wanted and I have learned over the years that it is more important to get exactly what you want (within reason) then to compromise. If you don't get what you want every time you drive the car you are going to be thinking I should have gotten the Xenons, or should have gotten the 18's, etc. Just because the dealer doesn't have exactly what you want doesn't mean they can't find it (without ordering). My dealer was able to locate a car one state away and they are picking it up for me.

Also if you have owned a BMW in the past 12 months you qualify for owner loyalty.

The rear heated seats don't excite me, so I opted to go with the heated front seat option instead of the cold weather package. Although the cold weather package adds the heated wheel (which is great) it wasn't worth adding $15 per month, especially since I already got my top 4 options.

And please tell the dealer what you want to do, otherwise you could really be throwing away a lot of money. Walking in not knowing numbers is a bad decision. Dealers know the monthly price is what dictates whether a client buys or walks away. Don't think that just because a dealer can get you in the range you are comfortable at means you got a good deal. Getting a good deal means knowing every number and every fee and then finding who will go closest to invoice without marking up any other fees.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.