BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 X5 sDrive is coming up to and end in July 2019.
Based on new BMW RV rules, what kind of discount should I be able to negotiate with the dealer?
Thnks

·
Drink the koolaid or else
2,691 Posts
Zero. Most likely. It’s all done via BMSFS now if I’m understanding it all correctly.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not even the BMWFS credit for a new loan?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about if a pay BMWFS the peyoff amount, can I bypass the dealer? The car is already regisstered under my name

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Correct, I just did a lease buyout from the comfort of my desk, while sipping a nice rum and coke.

·
Registered
343 Posts
How about if a pay BMWFS the peyoff amount, can I bypass the dealer? The car is already regisstered under my name
You can always do that but you are likely paying thousands above market value if you have a 2016 model.

BMWFS didn't really lower lease residual % until midway through 2017. So there is about 18 month gap between cars that were leased with subsidized residual and something more realistic.

For example, the residual on my 2016 is 66% due back to BMWFS in Sept 2019 :rofl: They gonna eat about $12k on it when I drop it off at a dealer.

In the old days, they would let me buy it for $10k off residual and cut their losses. But now they want to cut their own nose off to spite me so I'm going to let them have it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Depends on what it is... E.g. buyout figures for 2015s are pretty heavily discounted by BMW FS.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
My 2016 X5 sDrive is coming up to and end in July 2019.
Based on new BMW RV rules, what kind of discount should I be able to negotiate with the dealer?
Thnks
As mentioned in other responses, there is no negotiation at the dealer any more. It is, as they say, what it is.

To find out what the off lease discount is, just call BMW FS. If you have a 2015-16 328 or 335, it's $4,000, $5,000 for a 5-series. Those are the big ones.

Your X5 is $1,500 off the RV.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Turned my car in at the end of November in CA my residual was 37k I saw the car pop up for sale in TX for 31.5k about a month ago and now 30.5k. If i was able to at the time i would have bought it for 31k. I dont get what BMW is thinking with the new policy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you lease another new BMW? That is their end game, to get new leases from who is turning in an old lease, and selling the used BMW to a new customer (or a repeat customer who buys used BMWs)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts