BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm brand new to the forum and the amazing world of BMW 5 series and have already found a lot of great info:thumbup: . I was hoping for some specific answers from some of you experts regarding my situation.

I'm selling my MB C55 in order to get into a car where I can lower my monthly payment to be able to save a little more toward my upcoming house deal. Coming from a Z06, then this AMG, I'm not inclined to accept a big loss of performance, but still want to save money. I've driven a few 04 545s with Sport Package and am convinced that this is the car for me. I was really amazed and thought this car outperformed the '03 M5 on some levels. It was impressive!

The features that are important to me are: Sports Package, Premium Audio, Nav, Steptronic or SMG. Nice to haves would be rear sunshades, park distance control, HUD.

Seems like you can get a good CPO:
'04 545 for about $42K - $44K on average w/ ~25k miles.
'05 545 for about $45K - $49K on average w/ ~15k miles.

Can you lease an '04 CPO 545 on a 3 year program and get a MF of .0016 and a residual of ~60%?

On a CPO BMW, what's the best way to negotiate a lease? Is it to negotiate a price first, then for a certain rate and residual? Or do you just go in and say I'm willing to put $xxxx money down, and I want 15k miles a year with a payment of $xxx a month?

Ideally, I'd like to get into an '04 w/ ~25k miles for about $2k down and about $450 - $500 a month (after tax). What's the best way to do this?

Does it pay to wait for end of the month? I've heard of people refer to "MSP" discounts and "CA" people. What are these?

Lots of questions I know, but I really appreciate and look forward to hearing from anyone with some advice or info. Thanks!

Chris.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Under Par- Nice selection- the 545 is a sweet ride. I will try to answer some of the questions you pose:

1. You can lease any car you want including a CPO. However, CPO lease deals are usually less attractive than new cars because for the latter, they are trying to move inventory from the factory.

2. Ask one of the sponsoring dealers on this forum to confirm the latest money factor and residual for a CPOd 545 once you have one in mind. Sometimes, there are deals out there but they can definitely confirm if it is what you mention above.

3. Regarding your approach when you go to the dealer, I would not go in saying I want to put x down and be within $x a month. Rather, do your homework, ask one of the sponsoring dealers on this site for the CPO MF and Residuals for the model year car you are interested in and calculate the lease using the spreadsheet on this forum. Then, you just go into the dealership knowing what you are going to pay.

4. CA refers to your salesperson. I don't know of an MSP but I believe you are most likely referencing MSD- Multiple Security Deposit. These are refundable security deposits that BMW FS allows you to put down on the car to lower your MF. Each deposit you put down allows you to lower your MF by a certain fraction- I think around .0007 each w/ a maximum number of 7 deposits. This is ofcourse refundable at lease end.

Good Luck- my suggestion is to pinpoint your car, find the MF/residuals, and then go in there and get your car. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
under par said:
I'm brand new to the forum and the amazing world of BMW 5 series and have already found a lot of great info:thumbup: . I was hoping for some specific answers from some of you experts regarding my situation.
Welcome! :hi:
under par said:
I'm selling my MB C55 in order to get into a car where I can lower my monthly payment to be able to save a little more toward my upcoming house deal. Coming from a Z06, then this AMG, I'm not inclined to accept a big loss of performance, but still want to save money. I've driven a few 04 545s with Sport Package and am convinced that this is the car for me. I was really amazed and thought this car outperformed the '03 M5 on some levels. It was impressive!

The features that are important to me are: Sports Package, Premium Audio, Nav, Steptronic or SMG. Nice to haves would be rear sunshades, park distance control, HUD.

Seems like you can get a good CPO:
'04 545 for about $42K - $44K on average w/ ~25k miles.
'05 545 for about $45K - $49K on average w/ ~15k miles.

Can you lease an '04 CPO 545 on a 3 year program and get a MF of .0016 and a residual of ~60%?
As stated, your local dealer is the best place to get info or check over in the "Ask A Dealer" forum as well.
under par said:
On a CPO BMW, what's the best way to negotiate a lease? Is it to negotiate a price first, then for a certain rate and residual? Or do you just go in and say I'm willing to put $xxxx money down, and I want 15k miles a year with a payment of $xxx a month?
Always, always, always, always negotiate the price of the vehicle...then figure out how you wish to finance it (lease, cash, camels, bank loan, etc.) MFs on leases are negotiable, residuals are not (BMWFS sets these in stone, all dealers must use their numbers)
under par said:
Ideally, I'd like to get into an '04 w/ ~25k miles for about $2k down and about $450 - $500 a month (after tax). What's the best way to do this?
See above and start visiting your local (or not so local) dealers to figure out the inventory. You may wish to scour www.swapalease.com to see what is available there, too.
under par said:
Does it pay to wait for end of the month? I've heard of people refer to "MSP" discounts and "CA" people. What are these?
I think you mean MSD (multiple security deposits, only available on leases from participating dealers--see the Ask A Dealer forum, sticky post near the top). CA=Client Advisor=BMW Car Salesman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts